Leave Me Behind

"I remember one day, I met a girl," said Uncle Henry.

"she had blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes." he continued,

"She was very beautiful, just like you. I loved her very much"

I nodded, intrigued by how the story was going so far.

"and she loved me," said Uncle Henry dreamily.

❤︎

"H-hey Alex?" I stuttered.

Alex giggled, "Yeah?"

"C-can I tell you s-something?" I asked.

"Sure!" she replied, excited.

Alex was beautiful, I'd been drawn in by her beauty, but pulled in deeper by her optimistic and enthusiastic personality.

"I l-like you, A-Alex" I stuttered, feeling stupid.

Alex looked shocked.

"I like you too, Henry," she said shyly.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, was Alex Hill saying that she liked me back?

WHAT KIND OF CRUEL FANTASY IS THIS?!

Alex already had a boyfriend in the real world, I reminded myself, then it all started to fade away, and I was back in AP Calculus.

"Graham? MR. GRAHAM. EXCUSE ME MR. HENRY GRAHAM, BUT I JUST ASKED YOU A QUESTION!" yelled Mrs. Colestes.

"Sorry Mrs. Colestes, the answer to that question is five over two," I replied.

"Thank you, Mr. Graham."

She moved onto the next question.

I needed to stop having these cruel fantasies, where Alex doesn't have a boyfriend already and likes me.

She and her boyfriend acted like they were meant for each other.

But her boyfriend was cruel.

Grayson.

Grayson is evil. He's only dating Alex because she's pretty. He's using her to raise his social status.

But Alex doesn't know that. She thinks Grayson likes her for her personality.

Alex deserves so much better than Grayson.

Grayson threatens anyone who says they're going to tell Alex about his many other girlfriends.

But I didn't care now.

Alex deserves better than Grayson, and I'm going to make sure she gets it as soon as possible.

I was going to tell Alex about Grayson's other girlfriends.

"H-hey Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"C-can I tell you s-something?