Chapter 11

Gregor felt like he was flying. Was he in heaven? He couldn't see so maybe he was blinded from the gates of heaven. But then he thought, "why do i feel fur on my face?" he lifted his head to see that he was riding a bat. "I heard the story of my father saving you from falling after being betrayed so I thought maybe I could do the same." Eros said as he flew towards Night-Hawk. Gregor still had his sword in his hand and as they flew by him Gregor slashed his sword into Night-Hawk's chest. The bat fell lifeless to the ground below.

Gregor's mind was racing with all the thoughts of why Leon would betray everyone. Then another thought hit him, "Leon was just like Henry but Night-Hawk was in on it, not at all like Ares." Then Gregor just let his mind rest with the fact that he was alive and Regalia was safe. Doctors loaded Gregor onto a stretcher and Luxa ran over. "Gregor what happened? Why are you covered in this yellow slime?" she demanded. Gregor sighed before explaining how Leon had sided with the ants and Night-Hawk tried to drop Gregor to his death. Luxa thought to herself before speaking, "Then the Prophecy of the Warrior is fulfilled. Everything that was stated in it has come to pass." Gregor grunted before letting the doctors take the stretcher to the hospital. While he was in the hospital the doctors gave Gregor several baths to wash off the ant blood which was acidic at high volumes. Gregor never thought about it because the ants in the overland didn't have enough blood to cause acid burns when shushed. However the underland versions being as large as they are left serious burns on Gregor's whole body.

At the time Gregor had not noticed it but now he did, his body was red raw from the acid. His whole body ached for days afterwards. Luxa would visit him and tell him the things that are going on now and the duties that they have as the royal family. First task that they had to accomplish was renegotiating peace between the spinners. Then they had to check on Ripred who was still recovering from the attack on the cutter queen. Gregor looked forward to the party celebrating the death of queen Shedim. Mareth would still be leading Regalia's army but they would only be a security rather than an entire army. As if on cue Mareth entered the room. "I see you are alive and well" the soldier stated. They all laughed at the comment. "Well were it not for my rager instinct I wouldn't be here." Gregor said. Mareth was about to pat Gregor on the shoulder before he noticed the acid burns all over his body so he gave him a pat on the bed instead.

Gregor dose off and Luxa and Mareth left him be. When Gregor awoke doctors were rubbing ointment on his skin. Soon Gregor was released from the hospital Luxa helped him with learning to be the king of Regalia, most of the things Gregor had to do were very uninteresting. Sent supplies to certain places, make sure buildings and barriers are up to full strength. The only interesting thing was the new "Friendly Overlander" treaty that was signed. It stated that Overlanders are to be treated with kindness by all underland creatures.

Gregor recently has been having strange dreams and nightmares. One such nightmare was very frightening to Gregor because it was of him watching as Luxa was torn to shreds by ants while he stood helpless to stop it. Another was of him flying with Eros and then him getting killed and Gregor falling into a large pit of ants ready to kill him. Almost every night the nightmares happened and Gregor would awake covered in sweat. The only thing that calmed him was walking the palace alone. To Gregor the act was very peaceful and relaxing.

Every so often Gregor would check with Luxa to make sure that she was safe and doing alright. Gregor decided that in his spare time he would check the prophecy room as well as the new one that Luxa had discovered. When Gregor arrived he noticed that the skeleton and debris was removed and a torch was placed in the small room. Gregor entered the room and noticed that the light was not shining on the prophecy he just completed. Instead his was shining on a new prophecy on the left side of the wall. When Gregor looked at the title he was shocked at what he saw. The first thing that hit him was when Luxa's crown had fallen in between them and they went on a quest to save the nibblers. The prophecy read:

The Prophecy of the Queen