Longing For You

• Dedicated to The girls(or guys) who wish that they could fall in love with someone.

Piper's POV

I sighed as I woke up the next morning, bright and early. I knew Hallie and Daniel would be up so I got dressed and went outside to the beach.

The sun was just beginning to rise as I had hoped. I sat down in the soft sand and closed my eyes.

"I love you," He said.

"I'll miss you."

"Don't forget me."

"You are so beautiful."

"I have never felt like this with anyone before."

"I don't want the summer to end."

"Goodbye."

So much time, yet so little. My head fell into my hands but I jumped at the sound of a beeping horn and then a shout. "Harry! Don't sound the horn you idiot! They are asleep!" A voice shouted loudly.

"Not now!" I heard Hallie's voice call.

"Jessie!" Wow. It has been a while since I have heard that name.

"Don't call me that you idiot!" She scolded.

"Call you what? Your name?" He questioned as I approached. I saw him wrap her up in a tight hug, he whispered something into her ear and she smiled. I cringed, remembering Niall.

I moped into the cottage, passing Daniel on my way he sent me a wave and I dully waved back, he followed me into my bedroom and sat down next to me.

"Come here," He said, pulling me into a hug, I began to cry into his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry that I have to do this, Daniel," i said.

"Do what?" He asked, pulling me out at arms length to look at me.

"I feel so guilty about this all but I have to do it," I said, nervously biting my nail.

"Did you cheat on me?" He asked shocked, he stood up.

"No! I swear! Daniel wait--"

"No! I don't want to hear your excuses, Piper, I thought you loved me," He said sadly. 

"You didn't give me any time to explain," I whispered as the door slammed, shaking the picture of my sister and I on the wall. I collapsed onto the bed into tears.

"This is Piper's room," I heard Hallie's voice and then she gasped slamming the door quickly, "Okay, Daniel can you show them around?" I heard her faint nervous voice outside.

I heard a groan, "Okay, whatever," He said sadly. Why would he assume that I was cheating? He knows I would never--

My eyes widened. He needed a quick getaway. I sat up angrily. No. He wouldn't cheat on me. Never.

No.

Hallie slipped in and came and sat next to me, "What's wrong?"

"Daniel thinks I cheated on him! The second I said I had something to tell him and I was sorry for it, he jumped to conclusions, assuming I had cheated!"

A worried look flashed on her face.

"Wait? Hallie? What's wrong?"

"He was cheating on you, he told me, he feels bad about it though," She said. My expression didn't move and I wasn't all shocked.

And that is when I knew I didn't love him, because, even though he had cheated on me, I couldn't care in the least. "Oh well," I said.

"You aren't mad?" She asked.