Chapter 1

I pushed open the door of the bar and breathed in the god awful smell before walking in. I worked at the local bar in downtown Pittsburgh. I couldn't get a job anywhere else. I hated it, it was like someone out of Coyote Ugly.

"Hey Lucy!" My manager, Joe, said when he saw me. 

"Hey Joe. What's my schedule?" I asked as I put my purse under the bar and jacket on the rack. 

"5pm-1am tonight, then off tomorrow until January 3rd for Christmas." He said. 

"Okay. Thanks." I sighed and walked over to the tap to see if we were out of anything. 

"Hello. I'm Lucy. What can I get you?" I asked the customer sitting at the bar. 

"Oh. Hey. I Umm. I don't know. Something that can make me forget everything." He said. I kinda laughed, but instantly felt horrible after I saw his face, he'd either been crying or smoking pot.

"Well, sorry. I can't give you amnesia, it's illegal and not professional for a bar. But I can give you this." I said while mixing out strongest beers and a shot of Jameson. 

"Thanks. I think this is just what I needed. I'm Beau." He said extending his hand out to me to shake. 

"Hi Beau. Pleasure to meet you." I said and smiled slighgtly.
"Pleasure is all mine. So tell me about you Lucy." He said and took a drink. 

"Well what do you wanna know?" I asked. 

"Umm, how old are you? Are you single? And why do you work here?" He asked he shrugged.

"Well, that just seems a little personal if you ask me," I giggled jokingly.

"I'm sorry you don;t have to answer," He took another drink. 

"I'm joking love," he smiled when I called him love," I'm twenty two, umm I am single, and I work here because I can't get a job anywhere else. What about you? Tell me about you." I smirked. Beau had sexy tan skin and a smile that could get him out of anything, and a husky voice that could cause me to forget my own name. 

"Well, what do you wanna know?" He asked, I laughed.  

"Your age, are you single, what do you do for a living, ect?" I asked. 

"I'm twenty three, I am now single, my girlfriend cheated on me and I'm a err Umm hockey player. For the Umm Pittsburgh Penguins." He said quietly. 

"Hmm. You don't say? That's why you look all strong and good looking." I smirked slightly. Very smooth Lucy. 

"You're not freaking out. Wow." He said and took another long drink.

"W-why would I freak out?" I asked. 

"Because most girls hear 'hockey player' and think 'ohh lot of money cute guy' and yeah." He laughed, "It's dumb." 

"Well, you could be the poorest person in Pittsburgh but I'd still like you, Beau." I said.

"Can I take you out on a date?" He asked. 

"Sure. I'm off tomorrow. But I don't want you to rush into something if you just got out of a relationship. And I don't wanna be a rebound." I said. "I've already been there and it sucks, it makes you feel worthless."

"No, no, no. I promise Lucy, you're far too special to be used as rebound. I just wish I would've met you sooner. Maybe it would've saved the heartbreak and betrayal." He finished his drink. "And, who said we're gonna rush? We can start with a few dates and work our way from there." He flashed me another award winning smile. 

"Sounds good to me. I'd love to go out with you Beau." I smiled and took his glass from him. 

"Great! I have a home game tomorrow, but we can go skating before and I'll take you to the game." He said excitingly.

"I would love that. Here's my number." I said and handed him a piece of paper with my number.

"I'll call you. What time do you get off?" he asked. 

"One am." I shrugged. 

"Do you drive?" he asked. I shook my head. "Let me take you home tonight, I don't want something to happen to you." 

"Beau, it'll be too late. I don't wanna bother you." I protested. 

"You'd never bother me," he smiled. 

"Well then I'll see you at one am then," I laughed. 

"I'll see you then. How much for the beer?" he asked. 

"It's on me, but drink a coke or something real quick before you drive home." I suggested. 

"I didn't drive, I just live down the road," he shrugged. 

 "Beau, please drink something? I don't want something bad to happen to you." I pleaded. 

"Fine, give me a coke please," I smiled and handed him one. 

"It's still on me. But I gotta get to work, so I'll see you at one am." I smiled and walked around the bar and placed a light kiss on his cheek. 

"See you at one am," he smiled. 

I wiped all the tables and reorganized the pool tables, and turned on the radio to a classic rock station. It was a Tuesday night so we wouldn't be busy at all, maybe a few regulars and some already drunk college kids. 

"I'll see you later Lucy!" Beau called out and waved to me before he walked out the door. 

"Bye Beau!" I called back. I walked over to take his glass away and he had left a note. 

I can't wait to see you again, thanks for being so kind to me xoxo Beau

I smiled and put the note in my pocket and continued working.

After about three hours of talking to regulars and pouring beers, I finally checked my phone. 

5 notifications 

unknown number: Hey Lucy! It's Beau 

unknown number: hey it's me again, I just wanna say that I really like the color of your eyes, they compliment your hair and you just overall look amazing and your voice is like a song 

instagram: beaubennett8 wants to follow you. 

mom: are you coming home for christmas? 

mom: hello?

I ignored the messages from my mom, she didn't want me there anyway, that's why I moved to Pittsburgh anyway. I left when I graduated high school in South Carolina and moved up here where I could get a fresh start. I texted Beau back. 

to beau: Hey Beau, you don't look too bad yourself

from beau: hey!! how's work?

to beau: not too bad i just wanna go home 

from beau: just a few more hours

I smiled and placed my phone back in my pocket. 

The rest of my night flew by. Only a handful of people came in after Beau left and they were all nice people and the tipped pretty good too. I had everything cleaned and prepped to be closed until January. 

incoming call: beau

"Hello?" I said. 

"Hiya, I'm outside in the only car here when you're ready," Beau said. 

"Alright, I'll be out as soon as I lock the door," I smiled. 

"Sounds good, I'll be here." He said before he hung up. 

I grabbed my purse, threw my jacket on, and locked the door on my way out. I saw Beau run out of his car to open the passenger door for me.

"Thank you," I smiled and stepped in into his car.

"My pleasure," He smiled back before he shut the door and got in the driver's seat.

"Hey Beau,' I said sheepishly. 

"Hmm?" He turned his head and I smashed my lips onto his. I was dying to see what they taste like.