Chapter 3

"WAKE UP!" Daisy shouted from across the pond. Bob and Francine both woke up from the sudden noise. "Daisy you startled us!" said Francine while she laughed a little. Bob was still a little bit groggy and didn't really know what had happened. "Sorry, I just don't want to waste any time. I need to find my mate before mating season ends!" Bob and Francine got up and started preparing for the long journey ahead.

"I think we should bring a few berries and these leaves for food and for padding." said Bob as he packed these items into a small handwoven grass pack. "Yeah and we need to build a little platform for us to sit on while Daisy flys." replied Francine enthusiastically. The two worked together to build a small platform out of sticks and grass and sat it on Daisy's back.

"Alright let's get a move on!" yelled Daisy who was most likely the most excited out of the trio. Bob looked at his modest swamp one more time before they set off on their journey. He wondered if he would ever return or if he would find somewhere new that he could live possibly with Francine. So, Francine and Bob hopped on to their platform and made sure they had a good grip and told Daisy they were ready to go. As soon as Daisy lifted off the two frogs could feel the breeze on their small faces. "How's the view?" asked Daisy. "It is just wonderful!", Francine yelled back.

Bob had never felt this alive. He was only on one adventure and only a few minutes in and he could already tell that after this he could never go back to his boring swamp. Francine had looked so beautiful and Bob practically stared at her the entire ride. "Isn't this just amazing Bob?", asked Francine. "Yes...yes it is.:" Bob replied, gazing deep into Francine gorgeous shimmering eyes. Francine was staring back at Bob looking deep into his tired but active eyes. 

The night came soon and Daisy flew down to rest by a small pond for Bob and Francine to sleep in while she made her accommodations on a nearby bush. Bob and Francine ate some insects that buzzed around the pound and then eventually became drowsy and decided to turn in for the night. As Bob and Francine slowly drifted into slumber it seemed once again they shared the same thoughts. This time they were thinking, "What if I don't say anything and we become close friends and we are never able to become anything more." This might seem like no big concern to some but it was different for Bob and Francine. It was different because they wanted somebody that they could love and matte with and spend every waking minute together. Just being friends would not suffice for Bob or Francine.

Bob and Francine fell into complete slumber. The night sky was calm and the stars shimmered brightly on the pond. The insects were quiet except for the faint chirping of crickets in the distance. The next morning Bob, Francine, and Daisy will be continuing their journey for the search of a place where Daisy could meet her mate. Right now this is seeming like an easy journey but the hardships have yet to come. Bob and Francine both had nightmares of sadness and anger that night and both were related to this journey they were on. These nightmares were extremely realistic and in their subconscious they couldn't help but feel like they were soon to be more than nightmares.