Purple Chef

(If you want to know what the title is referencing just turn on subtitles to any Purple Shep video.)

TNT Town was hosting a potluck tomorrow. It had been quite a while since everyone had hung out so they decided to plan something to bring them all together again. Everyone was assigned a certain food to bring to the potluck and had to have it made by tomorrow.

Failboat was assigned to bake a cake so he got to work. He got all the ingredients out from the cupboards, put an apron on, and pulled up a recipe. And just when he was about to begin baking he heard hoof-steps coming from around the hall. Oh no, Failboat thought as he knew who was about to disrupt his peaceful time baking.

"oH goLLy UnCLe fAiLBoOT, PUrpLE sHEp diD Not gEt aNY FooD tO cOOk fOR thE FoOD pARty tOMorROw. PuRPle sHEp dOES nOt KNoW whY."

Failboat sighed, he just couldn't get one peaceful moment alone. "Well... you see Purple Shep, your not a good cook. Like at all..." Failboat thought back to the last time Purple Shep tried to cook and shuddered. He would never look at a hotdog the same again.

Purple Shep's ears drooped and he frowned. He had wanted to help with the potluck but no one trusted him enough to make anything edible. Of course they were right not to trust him but still.

Then Purple Shep had an idea. He could help Failboat bake!

"WaiT unCLe fAIlbOOt, PUrpLE shEP cOUlD hELp wITH WhaTEveR yOU'rE doINg."

Failboat looked at Purple Shep. Purple Shep looked at him with large pleading eyes, he really wanted to help with something. "Err... Shep I don't think that's a great idea. You have a tendency to well... mess everything up."

"oH gOLlY DOn'T woRRy UnCLe faILbOoT. PUrpLe SHep wILl dO EVerYThiNG pERfeCTlY." Purple Shep smiled up at Failboat.

"I highly doubt that Shep. I'm sorry I just can't let you bake. Don't worry about helping with the potluck just wait until tomorrow and you can eat whatever you want."

"PLeASe?"

"No."

"pLEaSe?"

"No."

"pLEaSE?"

"Shep are you really really going to do this?"

"PLeAsE?"

"Uggggg... fine," Failboat groaned, "but you have to do exactly what I say. Okay?"

"oK uNClE faILBooT." Purple Shep ran over to the kitchen counter and stood next to Failboat, jumping up and down with excitement.

Failboat sighed and smiled. Purple Shep felt a bit like a little brother or even a nephew to him. He was a nuisance at times but he still felt like family.

Failboat looked to his computer with the recipe pulled up. "Alright then, so we need to pour 2 cups of flour, 2 cups of sugar, 3/4 cups of cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon espresso powder into this bowl." Failboat pointed to a medium mixing bowl.

Purple Shep just blankly looked at Failboat. He did not understand any of that.

Failboat looked at Purple Shep and remembered how much explaining he was going to have to do.

"Err... I mean... umm," Failboat thought about how to get through to Purple Shep, "you see this line?" Failboat pointed at the 2 cups line on the measuring cup.

Purple Shep nodded. "Well I'm going to pour this flour into the cup to that line, see?" Failboat poured the flour up to the 2 cups line line, then he poured it into the mixing bowl. "Now you try."