Forgiveness

Jungkook POV:

Time seemed to slow down while Y/N was in surgery. At some point, Hobi and Taehyung left to buy drinks. I kept to myself and mostly looked out the window while lost in thought. After a while, Taehyung left and when a lot of time had lapsed and he didn't return, I volunteered to look for him. I found him sitting on a bench in the courtyard. He was hunched over with elbows resting on his knees full on sobbing. That visual shook me out of my own personal misery bubble and I remembered that he too lost something. My focus had been on Y/N this entire time that I didn't even think about how this might be affecting him. I sat down beside him and placed a comforting hand on his knee. It only made him cry more so I wrapped both arms around him and we both cried together.

"I'm really sorry for your loss." I said once we had both calmed down.

"Thank you. You know I was finally starting to get used to the idea of becoming a dad. For weeks I felt sorry for getting myself in this situation. I cursed my stupidity and my lack of self-control. I didn't want this baby for selfish reasons. I regret what it did to your relationship with Y/N and also ours. I know it's irrational but I can't help but feel like all those negative thoughts caused this to happen. As if it had anything to do with it," he scoffs.

"It's no one's fault. Don't blame yourself. Blame me if anything. I'm the fool who forced her to choose between me and the baby. As if she could easily discard a part of herself like that. Talk about being selfish. I hate myself so much for that."

As soon as I uttered those words to Y/N, I immediately regretted it. But instead of taking it all back, I let it hang in the air. I had been so hurt that she slept with Taehyung that I wanted to punish her in some way. I wasn't willing to face the harsh truth that my actions were the reasons why she did it in the first place.

"You think? It's karma paying me back for what I did to you. I'm terribly sorry. What I did was inexcusable. I failed as a friend to you both and all I can do now is ask for your forgiveness. I don't know if you can ever look at me the same again, but I miss our friendship Jungkook."

"I miss it too. I have been trying to get past it, certain days it's easier than others. But I understand now why you both did what you did because I have been in both your shoes. You were right, I slept with girls trying to forget about Y/N those other times we broke up. I used them just like she used you. I don't even blame you for not being able to resist Y/N because god knows I can't resist her either. We all made mistakes and at first they seemed unforgivable. But after all this, I see now that it's only my ego that is preventing me from getting over it. Because none of that is important anymore. Not when her life is in danger."

The thought of her dying makes me cry all over again. This time Taehyung puts his arm around my shoulders in comfort. It's all irrelevant now. Yes, they were wrong to do what they did but it wasn't cheating. Weighing everything together, it isn't unforgivable either, not to me. Now that I've finally accepted that, the fates have thrown us another curve ball again.

"I can't lose her Taehyung! I don't know what I'd do if she dies." I sob into his shoulder. "She has to live."

"Y/N is strong. She will make it through this." Taehyung says with confidence, as if trying to convince himself of their truth.

I glance over at him and when I see how distraught he is, I wonder if there's something else there that I'm missing. These last few weeks he's been the one by Y/N's side after I abandoned her. They have spent much time together. Could their bond have become so strong that he's fallen in love with her too? She was carrying his child it's not entirely out of the question that his feelings for her turned into something else. I want to ask him but I'm almost afraid to find out the answer. Still I have to know.