Chapter 6: Amusement Park pt.1

It's another busy day in Lan Zhan's office, Wei Ying is on his laptop organizing Lan Zhan's paperwork and meetings when his boss suddenly cleared his throat, "Mr. Wei." he muttered with his baritone and calming voice.

Wei Ying's eyes turn to Lan Zhan's direction, surprise that the president just suddenly called him, but then he kept it professional, "Yes, Mr. President?" he asked.

Lan Zhan's cheeks and ears went bright red as he looks elsewhere except meeting his secretary's eyes, "W-we will be visiting a location for the next project." He didn't know why he stuttered but he hopes the latter didn't catch that.

"I'll be coming too?" Wei Ying asked, surprised. Well, he's still familiar with secretarial works so he didn't know if he should come or not. 

Lan Zhan nodded, still in his blushing cheeks and ears, "You do not need your bag or anything, just get your phone and important things."

Wei Ying's brows furrowed? he thought they will be checking a new location for the next project? Why does he not need his bag? "Isn't it a business matter, Mr. President?" he asked curiously. 

"It will just be a hindrance," The president answered plainly, hiding his plans behind his coldness.

Wei Ying who is still confused did not ask a question furthermore and continued his works. 

"5 minutes" Lan Zhan suddenly uttered receiving a look from Wei Ying. but he figured what the president meant. He immediately fixed his things and put his wallet and phone in his pocket and grabbed his coat. When Lan Zhan started walking out of the office, he followed after him.

--------

They arrived in an amusement park, it was lively and full of colors, the joyful music is ringing around the place that it's making it attract more people from all ages. Wei Ying was amazed at a magnificent place. When was the last time he has gone to a place like this? It was only one time when he was a kid, but the time he entered school studying comes first instead of playing with others his age. It's not like he was forced but it was his will.

His mouth gape open as his eyes gleams in amazement. Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying from the corner of his eyes, curve unconsciously sprung from his lips as he watches Wei Ying. They were not really visiting a location for a new project, he made those up for him to have a reason to invite Wei Ying to some breather and clear his mind off from work. He noticed Wei Ying is a bit stressed this past few days, so as a concerned BOSS he feels responsible for his stress.

But Wei Ying came back to his senses, noticing that they went to a fun place instead of the location he mentioned. His eyes averted from the colorful view and looked at Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan immediately avoided his gaze, looking straight ahead. "Mr. President, why are we here?" his secretary asked.

"They said this will be the location, but while you were asleep they told me that they have an urgent meeting, so they canceled." It was a white lie he invented inside his head, but he secretly wished that Wei Ying buys it. Cold sweats run in Lan Zhan's back, 'please believe it, please believe it.' he chanted inside his head.

A smile sprung from Wei Ying's lips, convinced but a little confused, "They picked an unusual place," he muttered to himself, returning his eyes to the place.

Lan Zhan sighed in relief as it seems that he is convinced. "We already came all the way here, why not explore?" Lan Zhan uttered, hiding his nervousness that the latter might find out his lie.

Wei Ying looked at him, happiness can be seen in his eyes but he does not want to show Lan Zhan, pretending to ask innocently, " what about the works on your office?"

"They can wait," Lan Zhan simply answered like it was just mere papers stacked in the office, and walked inside the Amusement park, Wei Ying squirm a silent "Yey" before following Lan Zhan.

Upon entering, Wei Ying's eyes immediately roam around. He never thought that there is a place like this.

"Hungry?" Lan Zhan asked his secretary who is obviously excited and happy, he just nodded as he admires the place with wondering eyes.

They went to a cotton candy seller, Lan Zhan bought one and handed them to Wei Ying. "Why only one, are you not gonna get any?" Wie Ying asked, taking the cotton candy from him and started pinching a mouthful,  "Too sweet" Lan Zhan plainly answered while watching his secretary chew the sweet fluff.

---------

credits to the rightful owner of the picture.

source: Pinterest