Chapter 13: This Weird Feeling

A warm feeling hitting Wei Ying's face as he slowly wakes up. Huh? When did he come home? The last thing he remembered last night is he's been stabbed and called someone. His eyes slowly opened, it's blurry as it is but he can feel something squeezing his hands tightly. 

Eyes a little blurry, he turns his head to whom it might be and is surprised to see his handsome boss, sleeping beside him, head buried on his folded arms.

He sighed, how good is a morning waking up with a beautiful sight beside you. Then he roams his eyes around the room. It was all white and dull. A chuckle left his lips, right, he was stabbed. It's normal for a patient to be in a hospital. 'For a moment, I thought I'm in heaven because there's an angel beside me,' he pun.

Gazing back at Lan Zhan who was sleeping peacefully, he mumbles, "So you were the one I called." 

His heartbeat was racing, his hands unconsciously lift and gently caresses Lan Zhan's handsome face. He smiled, 'This feeling... I can only feel it when I'm with you.'  "Why are you making me like this, Mr. President?" he mumbles, as if trying to find the answer to his unexplained feeling, building inside him.

Unbeknownst to Wei Ying, Lan Zhan was a light sleeper, he can hear murmurs but can't understand a word, and so he opens his eyes, trying to understand what his secretary is saying.

Wei Ying immediately recline back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. 'am I being caught staring at him?' he panicked. Hoping he did not get caught.

When Lan Zhan's vision finally adjusted, he immediately stood from his seat,  "WEI YING!" he shouted, finally! Wei Ying's already awake. He was so worried last night, devastated actually. Who would not panic seeing someone you care about so much bathing in blood? It was hell! He wanted to kill who did that to him but his top priority is Wei Ying. 

"You're already awake!" He exclaimed, happy to finally see Wei Ying awake.

"Y-yes, Mr. President. Sorry for worrying you." He gazes at Lan Zhan and gave him a shy smile. He's worried that he might have caused the president inconvenience.

"I thought I'd lose you." Lan Zhan's voice became soft, worriedness and sadness are obvious in his tone.

Wei Ying's brows furrowed, 'is he crying?' he thought, lowering his head to try getting a glimpse of Lan Zhan's face. He patted Lan Zhan's head and gave him a wide smile for reassurance, "Nothing worth crying for Mr. president," He coos, "See, I'm alive. This injury is not that big." He giggled, sweetly.

"I will thoroughly investigate this accident," Lan Zhan said determinedly, his teeth gritted and his hand squeezed tight in a fist.

Wei Ying breathes out a nervous laugh, seems like Lan Zhan is not going to listen to him if he says he does not need to do such length.

He held Lan Zhan's fist, rubbing circles on them to loosen. Lan Zhan turns his eyes at the latter and at their hands then back at his face,  Wei Ying gave him a reassuring soft smile, "I'm fine, now. You don't need to be agitated, Wangji," he said softly that truly melted his heart.

In Lan Zhan's eyes, Wei Ying was sparkling and gorgeous, his ears blush when he realized what he's been staring down at a beauty. Butterflies in his stomach fluttered around and his heartbeat is uncontrollable. Wei Ying was smiling at him like an angel. "Beautiful" He muttered under his breath that he thought he said inside his head.

"Huh?" Wei Ying remarked, confused why did he say that. Did he hear him right? Lan Zhan just called him beautiful?

 Lan Zhan came back to his senses when he realized he just said it out loud. He looked away flustered and let go of Wei Ying's hand. He turned away from him and pretended to get his phone from his pocket, while Wei Ying just trailed his eyes on him still confused.

"I'll be right back, I'll just get us some food," Lan Zhan said not looking his way. "Sure!" Wei Ying answered, come to think of it, he's hungry cause he hasn't eaten last night. 

Lan Zhan immediately rushed out of the room after hearing his answer, he was cheeks blushing from Wei Ying's cuteness. 'I can't control myself when I'm with him' muttered, cupping his mouth to stop his smile.

--------

Lan Zhan came back with a bag of medicine and a package of food. Wei Ying's eyes gleamed as he glances at the food he is holding. He can already smell the food from the door to his bed, it's making him hungrier. 

A small smile sprung at the corner of his lips, and so he prepared a plate immediately so Wei Ying doesn't need to wait. Then gave Wei Ying his serving. Wei Ying immediately dug on the food, enjoying every bit of it.

Lan Zhan just smiled faintly at the sight, he looks like a bunny eating away his carrot. His hand unconsciously moved and patted Wei Ying's head. Wei Ying seems unbothered and continued eating.

"You'll be discharged this afternoon. I will be supervising you until you recover," He suddenly brought up,  Wei Ying choked for a second, surprised at that sudden proposal, he what? Supervise? what does he mean by that??

 Lan Zhan offered him a glass of water and he took it from him and gulped them down, "What?" he said as he makes sure he heard him right. "I'll be staying with you at your house since It's my fault for not driving you home last night" He said casually that made Wei Ying's eyes went wide.

"B-but-" He was about to retort when Lan Zhan cut him off. "No buts," is the last thing he said, not even giving Wei Ying a chance to say his opinion.

'But I might die in heart attack than this injury!' He cried inside his head, his heart is acting crazy just being around like him and now they'll be together 24/7???  

'Guess I don't have a choice' he thought.

----------

Credits to the rightful owner of the picture.

Source: Pinterest