yeah i took a xan - seven

i really want to discontinue this book
since i have an idea for a new one but
just lmk if i should keep going with it.

september 4, 2020
evelyn marie autumn -

                                                  "yeah i took a xan"

   "yeah i took a xan"

"ev"
"evelyn"
"eViE"
"bubs"
"evelynnnnnn"
"evieeeee" i heard payton saying for the past half hour. i didn't want him to stop but it lowkey got annoying so i woke up.

"what do u want?!" i responded.

"finallyyyy i've been doing this for like a half hour." payton groaned. "anyways it's 3 pm and your mom wanted me to wake you." he put himself on top of me.

"well if she wanted you to wake me it's probably important so if u would get your heavy ass off of me that would be great" i rubbed my eyes. ok i lowkey didn't want him to move but my mom needed me so i had too😤

he gasped, "sO yOu ThInK iM sKiNnYyY" he got up from my bed.

"um- chile" i got up and started brushing my hair.

eventually, my mom knocked and said "honey. downstairs, now."

"uh- i- okay yeah i just need to tie my hair back" i stammered. what is this about? my anxiety started to rise and i was shaking a lot. i grabbed my white velvet scrunchie and tied my hair back. my breathing was a little faster than what it was supposed to be.

i felt payton grab my hand and interlock our fingers as he said, "hey, no need to be nervous. you've got this." i looked over at him and smiled.

"thank you payton." i hugged him and just listened to his heartbeat for a moment.

"not to ruin this but i've gotta go down now. stay here okay?" i pulled away and walked to my door. he nodded and i went downstairs.

my mom had a really anxious look on her face, she was sweaty. she paced back and forth until she saw i was downstairs.

"oh honey hi yes i forgot i told you to come down" she walked up to me, her grey slippers shuffling against our tiled floor.

"what's all of this about?" my voice was weak. my voice cracked. it came out more like a whisper.

"honey i'm so sorry but your father is back in town. your cousins from his side of the family bailed him out." she pulled me into a hug. i just froze, i didn't hug back. i stared into the distance. i already knew this, but why am i surprised?

"and how long were you going to keep that from me?" i said as she backed away.

"wait - you knew about this?" she looked at me dead in the eyes.

"i- i overheard you and auntie nina on the p-phone." i felt a tear slip down my cheek.

"i'm so sorry it has to be like this. you can stay at payton's until he leaves if you'd like." my mom offered.