to a place - ten

december 31 - january 1
evelyn marie autumn -

                                                "we're going to a place that i haven't showed you yet

                          "we're going to a place that i haven't showed you yet."

"KIDS WAKE UP ITS ABOUT TO BE THE NEW YEAR!" my mom bursts into my room.

payton and i shot up and ran downstairs. we saw that my mom had it all set up with decorations even though nobody was coming over, it would just be the three of us. she had pizza's on the counters, party hats, party blowers, blankets, pillow, all sorts of things.

"alright we've got 60 seconds on the clock people." the man on the tv said as he stood in new york.

"wait i need something, i'll be back." i ran upstairs and grabbed the bracelet that me and my brother made when we were little. it was my good luck charm. i then sprinted back downstairs.

"30 seconds guys!" the girl said.

"i cant believe it. i'm going into the new year with my three bestfriends." i said while putting on my bracelet.

"three?" payton looked at me.

"logan is right here by my side, i can feel it." i looked up at him and smiled.
he sent a smile back.

"guys come over here! it's almost at 10 seconds!" my mom shouted from the living room. me and payton held hands and ran to my living room.

"10!" we shouted.

this is it.

"9!"

such an amazing year.

"8!"

payton and i locked eyes, smiling big.

"7!"

i hugged him.

"6!"

he hugged back.

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"HAPPY NEW YEARRRRR!" we all yelled.

i then felt a pair of lips on mine. it caught me off guard due to my excitement, but i kissed back.

we soon pulled away.

"happy new year my love." payton said hugging me.

'my love'🥺

i felt my cheeks turn a light pink.

"oh yeah quick question," he pulled away from our hug with a smirk on his face "will you be my girlfriend?"

"duh" i said and we laughed.

who knew we could go from strangers, to bestfriends, to a couple, in just a few months? i thought.

"ev, go get dressed, i just got an idea. we're going somewhere." payton said.

"where?" i looked up from my phone.

"we're going to a place that i've never showed you before. now go hurry." he lightly pushed me towards the stairs while laughing.

——————————————

i don't think it'll be a fancy place because it's almost 1 am, so i threw on payton's hoodie and some black leggings. i put my air forces on and went back downstairs.

"alright lets go." payton said.

"mom we're leaving quick!!" i shouted.

"alright be careful be back soon love you!!" she shouted back.

"love you too!" we then walked out the door. payton opened the door for me so i got into the car. he got into the drivers side and started to drive.

i plugged my phone into the aux and started to sing the lyrics to the music. "nowadays i'm too cool for a girlfriend. nowadays i don't know when the world spins. live yo life like we die when the world ends."

"evelyn i'm telling you, you need to start doing music." payton laughed.

"i don't have enough confidence for everyone to hear me sing yet." i lightly punched his shoulder. then after party by don toliver came on.

"OKAY I PULL UP HOP OUT AT THE AFTER PARTY YOU AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS SAID THEY LOVE TO GET NAUGHTYYYY" payton and i shouted. he continued to drive while i was dancing to the music in my seat doing the tik tok dance to the song.

"insides burnin up, burnin up." i mumbled.

we pulled up to taco bell and i was so confused because i've obviously been here before. "okay so we're getting taco bell and then we're going because it hits different late at night." payton looked at me.

i nodded and then one of my favorite songs came on. "LIL MAMA PARTY GIRL SHE JUST WANNA HAVE FUN TOO THEY SAY U AINT WIFEY TYPE BUT I DONT CARE I WANT YOU." i recorded me shouting to the song and posted it on my snapchat story.

———

i was eating my taco bell when payton pulled up to this beach and it was really nice. the moonlight reflected off of the ocean. i've never really seen a beach like this because well i've lived in canada all of my life up until now.

(a/n don't @ me idk if there's beaches in canada im uneducated💀💀)

"payt?" i shot my head in his direction. "can we jump the tiny waves?!" i said like a little kid.

"let's go my love." he laughed shaking his head.

we got out and i ran over to the sand. i spun around while looking up at the sky. once i caught my balance, payton grabbed my hand and took me over to the shore. i took my shoes off and felt the temperature of the water with my feet.

"OH MY GOD I FORGOT ITS WINTER THAT WATER IS FREEZING" i ran back onto the sand. payton walked over to me while laughing really hard.

"paytttt it's not funny that was so cold" i shivered and put my shoes back on.
he wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back to make me warmer. i hid my head in his chest and we stayed in that position for a while.

"you better now?" he pulled away.

"yeah" i giggled.

"do you want to head back to your house now?" payton asked.
i nodded and we walked over to the car.

———
home

we might've only been there for a short amount of time, but i still enjoyed it.

i got into my bed and payton wrapped his hands around my waist, pulling me close to him.

"goodnight payt" i mumbled.

"goodnight evelyn." he said, half asleep.

idk where i'm going with this book😭😭 give me ideas please-
also i finished writing this at 4am, sorry if it doesn't really make sense.
1010 words