18 - still

═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══

STILL

═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══

much to your dislike the past two days of solitude ended quickly. now you walked in a dark gloomy forest, instincts skyrocketing at every footstep and rustle of leaves.

you had passed the place where shigiraki had appeared, now delving deeper into the woodland. you noticed the further away you got from the river in the direction of the base the thicker the forestry became.

it was quite unsettling to say the least.

after walking for around half an hour the five of you found yourself in a dark part of the wood. when looking past the trees, more trees blocked your vision. it was as if it were never ending.

the reason for your mission was the same as the last. you needed to find the origin of the nomus. well, as accurate as you were able to. this would allow an assassination of the nomus in that specific area which would hopefully down their numbers.

what troubled you was for the whole trek down to where you now stood you hadn't faced one nomu. "midoriya, i may be mistaken but i thought you said more of the nomus had been sighted in the past given weeks. we haven't come across any."

he looked at you, swinging his sword to lean over his shoulder. "i did say that." he looked around briefly. "but you're right. it's strange we haven't seen a single one." his eyebrows furrowed as he began muttering to himself.

you sighed, looking at yaoyorozu who stood next to you. "it's worrysome." she said as her eyes scanned around the area.

you were all currently standing in a clearing of the trees. it wasn't extremely large, and the dark wood stared at you from every angle, but you could finally see the sky clearly.

you had left early morning, much to you dislike, and it was now around midday.

looking over to uraraka, you noticed she was standing alone staring off into space. the two of you hadn't properly spoken since your outburst.

you could feel the awkward tension rising as you stood next to her. she spared a small glance at you from the side but said nothing more.

"are you alright?" you asked after a few moments, relaxing your posture as you faced her a little.

she nodded. "i'm alright." she answered briefly with a small smile.

you internally sighed. she wasn't, and neither were you. if something were to happen whilst the two of you were like this you wouldn't know how to live with yourself. wracking up the courage you needed for whatever reason, you grabbed onto her hand and turned her to you gently.

"look, i'm really sorry about the other day. i was too harsh on you and mina and i shouldn't have been. your curiosity wasn't a reason for me to lash out so... i'm sorry." you said quietly as you looked at her.

she squeezed your hand reassuringly. "it's okay. we shouldn't have pried." she smiled at you gently.

"i was just a little stressed and i know that's not good enough of a reason but-"