1.01 I Had A Date

[2012]

[2012]

"Curve ball, high and outside for ball one. So the Dodgers are tied, 4-4." Steve heard the radio host as his eyes began to flutter open, "And the crowd well knows that with one swing of his bat, this fellow's capable of making it a brand new game again." Steve scrunched his eyebrows, "Just an absolutely gorgeous day here at Ebbets Field." He began to look around the room, "The Phillies have managed to tie it up at 4-4. But the Dodgers have three men on." Steve sat up from the bed, "Pearson beaned Reiser in Philadelphia last month. Wouldn't the youngster like a hit here to return the favor? Pete leans in. Here's the pitch. Swing on. A line to the right. And it gets past Rizzo." He turned around to look at the radio and the window behind him, "Three runs will score. Reiser heads to third. Durocher's going to wave him in. Here comes the relay, but they won't get him."

The door opened and a woman stepped in, "Good morning." She greeted him with a smile, "Or should I say afternoon?"

"Where am I?" Steve stared at her.

"You're in a recovery room in New York City." She told him.

"The Dodgers take the lead, 8-5. Oh, Dodgers! Everyone is on their feet. What a game we have here today, folks. What a game, indeed."

Steve looked out the window again, quickly looking back to the woman, "Where am I really?"

The woman sighed and smiled, "I'm afraid I don't understand."

"The game. It's from May 1941. I know cause I was there. Kat's grandfather took her, Bucky, Laila, and I." The smile from on the woman's face dropped as Steve stood up from the bed, moving towards her, "Now, I'm gonna ask you again. Where am I?"

The woman pressed the pen in her hand, "Captain Rogers..."

"Who are you?" Steve barked.

Men in black entered the room, causing Steve to peddle back. He kicked the men straight through the wall before jumping out.

"Captain Rogers, wait!" The woman cried, trying to go after him, but he ran, "All agents, code 13!" She radioed in, "I repeat. All agents, code 13!"

Steve stood in the middle of a hallway where everyone spotted him. They began to chase after him with Steve running to the nearest exit he could find.

He ran outside into the middle of the street, almost getting hit by a taxi. He ran along with the traffic before he ran into Times Square, where he stopped and looked at the view around him.

It was much different from the New York he had previously know. The buildings were filled with billboards with advertisements, Broadway shows, stores. He didn't know what to make of it.

He was quickly surrounded by a squad of Acuras.

"At ease, soldier!" Came Nick Fury's voice. Steve quickly turned around to spot the man sporting an eyepatch. Fury walked up to Steve, "Look, I'm sorry about that little show back there, but we thought it best to break it to you slowly."

"Break what?" Steve asked him.

"You've been asleep, Cap. For almost 70 years."

Steve took in this information, the grief and guilt overwhelming. He took multiple deep breaths to try to calm himself down.

"You gonna be okay?" Fury asked him.

"Yeah. Yeah, I just... I had a date."

"Well," Fury shrugged, "I might just be able to solve that problem."

Steve's head quickly shot around to look at Fury, who nodded at the car behind him. Slowly the door opened to reveal a familiar looking brunette.

"Kat?" Steve whispered as the woman approached.

"Hi, Stevie." She smiled.

Steve wasted no time in throwing his arms around Kat, pulling her tightly into his chest, "I'm so sorry. I've missed so much..."

"Shh... it's okay." She kissed his cheek.

"Agent Petrov will be helping you get acclimated to this new world. You'll be living with her until she or you are needed." Fury informed him.

Steve looked down at Kat, who beamed at him, "Let's get you home, soldier."