11. Bad Company- Five

-

-

"This isn't good," I groaned as we walked out of the office

"But I was pretty good, wasn't I? What about my consent, bitch!" Klaus brayed.

I stopped and ran a hand through my hair.

"Klaus, it doesn't matter!"

"What? What's the big deal with this eye, anyway?"

"There's someone out there who's gonna lose an eye in the next seven days and cause the end of the world as we know it!" I pushed past him, Holly on my heels.

"Can I get that 20 bucks, now, or what?"

"Twenty bucks?"

"Yeah, my twenty bucks."

"The apocalypse is coming and all you can think about it getting high?"

"Well, I'm also quite hungry. Tummy's a-rumbling,"

I was pissed.

"You're useless," I scoffed. "You're all useless!"

"Aw, lighten up, old man!"

Holly sat down on the steps of the office, and I did the same.

"Hey, I just realized why you're so uptight," Klaus said, sitting down next to me. "You must be so horny. All those years by yourself, must screw with your head, being alone."

I put my hand on Holly's knee. She covered my hand with her own and rubbed circles with her thumb.

"Well, I wasn't completely alone. I had Holly. And we've been together for well, it'd be 57 years in May." I turned to Holly. "Assuming you never stopped counting."