CHAPTER 6: Unexpected

" mum, we need to talk." I turned to see Keith standing there. I hadn't expected him to be here. He never stayed home at home.

" what are you doing here?" I asked Keith.

" we need to talk as I said." Keith said looking irritated.

" if you need more money just let me sign a check for you and you can leave. " I said getting annoyed by the delayance Keith was causing.

" don't play mind tricks. I need to know the truth." Keith said with a lot of seriousness.

" what?!"

Gosh, was that real?
I turned to see where Keith had once been standing but he no longer stood there.
was it all a dream?

"mom, I thought you said you were going to be late."
Jenny said peeking her head out of her door.

" I'm sorry hun, I just thought I saw your brother."
I said still looking round.

"Yeah Keith said he was coming home tonight. I met him at school. He's doing quite great living alone. He said he'll take me to his apartments soon. Maybe you saw him in a flash. Forget it and go get dressed for your party tonight."

"yeah sure hun, wanna join me tonight?"
I asked Jenny.

"of course but what about Reyna And aunt Taylor and chuck?" Jenny asked.

"Tay is coming along so she'll keep you company and Chuck will be taking Reyna to Kevin's end for the weekend. So are you in or not?"
I asked

"count me in of course. I'll get dressed and meet you downstairs in five"
Jenny said before shutting the door to her room.

★★★

"Ryan, this is my lovely daughter, Jennifer and my sister, Taylor ."
I said pointing to both Jenny and Taylor.

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Ryan Steele."
Ryan said raising his glass of wine to them.

"I've heard so much about you both. "
he added

"really, and may we know what exactly?! "
Tay asked starting a conversation

"you are Taylor Smith. One and only loving sister. You live with her with you boyfriend, Hunk, too ."

"(Giggling) its Chuck and did my sister really say just that about me?"

"yes, she also added that of late, you've become a pain in both asses of hers due to your mood swings."

"She really said that? Taleen! Get ready to die."
Taylor said pointing her finger at me and giving me the you-are-totally-dead look our mom used to give us.

"and didn't she say something about me being her snitch daughter? And Avan's little angel and camera?"
Jenny said with An evil smirk.

" yeah, she said you're her baby teenager. "
Ryan said

" I bet she didn't because I'm not the teen. I'm a tween. Keith is the notorious teenager. Now Mr Steele, I'll advice that you be very careful cause I've got my eyes behind you. Don't you dare play any dirty cards tonight. I know my mom very well. I know what she is capable of doing but all you need to remember before playing any games tonight is that she's a married woman with kids and I, I have my eyes fixed on you. Enjoy your night."
Jenny said before walking away to heaven knows where.

"I think I should ho check on her. She's got these mood swings thing. I hope she doesn't drink alcohol. "
Taylor said going after Jenny

"Something the master of mood swings is a pro at."
Ryan said teasing Taylor.