Chapter Three

The day has finally come and Elizabeth could not help but be nervous, after she stayed up all night thinking about what life she is going to live with her husband, her mother had told her not to be worried about it but she could not help but worry. She always like making good first impressions about herself but she couldn't help but wonder if her husband would like her.

After packing clothes, foods, and gifts her mother made sure she didn't forget to take the letter for her grandmother. She remembered when she was still a kid, her grandparents would visit for her birthdays and Christmas but after her grandfather died her grandmother doesn't move around anymore since she is really old. She was very happy about seeing her grandmother after such a long time and since her parents were not going with her, her grandmother will be there for her. Even though she hasn't seen her in a long time she was still happy about the reunion with her.

Snapping her out of her thoughts she heard the sounds of horses from the gates and quickly stepped outside, she saw three horses approaching and her eyes immediately went to the man who was leading them. She has never seen someone as huge as he was, she could tell he was their leader and she knew he would soon become her husband. She didn't know what frightened her more, his size or his cold eyes that stared at her as he came to a stop but she couldn't help staring at his green eyes, they drew him to her until her mother's words that snapped her out of it.

Edward was riding fast as he reached the gates of Elizabeth's house, he wasn't expecting this much crowd to welcome him but his eyes locked with hers the second the looked towards the entrance, she was the most beautiful girl he has set his eyes on and he got lost in her sight that he didn't care to smile. He never taught that he would be so drawn to her the second he met her, as he stopped her mother came forward to greet them.

"You are welcome Edward, I know you must be tired from your journey would you like us to prepare a room before you set out again" Mary saw the look in his eyes and knew that he had no intention of staying but she just wanted to have more time with her daughter.

"Thank you but I would like to be on my way now. My father sends his greetings Joseph" he said as he turned to her father. He hoped Mary and her daughter would not start crying because he hated women that spend their time crying instead of doing something with their time.

"All right,Stephen get Elizabeth's horse from the stables"

"No need for that, she will ride with me" he didn't need his journey to be slowed down and he knew his horses where trained to go on such journeys.

"And why is that, for the past ten minute you have acted like you couldn't see me and now you want to go without coming inside for even tea or speaking to my parents, if that is the way you treat everyone you can't treat your in-laws like that" after the way he looked at her she just got angry at everything he said and wanted to repay the favor.

Even before he could say anything her mother beat him to it." Lizzy, I told you that it is not acceptable to speak to your husband that way"he didn't know what was wrong with him but instead of being angry that his wife spoke down on him in front of his friends he was really enjoying himself. He ignored her as he told his men to tie her luggages to their horses.

"Lizzy, apologize to your husband"

He really thought she wouldn't say it but when he heard"I'm sorry" he knew she would do anything for her mother. As they prepared to go he waited for her parents and friends to finish saying their goodbyes.

"Mom, I need to go now they are waiting for me. You can always come see me". As she said that she remembered what her mom told her. As she walked to her husband, before he could reach for her, she stepped back.