Blood Sisters

Gun shots sounded  out threw the forest bouncing off the bare alpine trees "Gauge! Take you're little sister's hand now!" I grabbed  my sister's hand tight, I looked into her eyes as they watered up. "Bella, we will be okay dad is not gonna let those monsters hurt us." She slightly smiled at me. My father quickly ran to the window for a quick glance "They are close, I can see the fire now. Saleen, is that spell ready yet?" He sounded so sure, but I could see threw all that and just see all the fear within him. "Almost dear, all I need is their... blood." She choked as those word poured out of her mouth. "I'm so sorry my pups." My dad swiftly grabbed our hands and hovered them over this sliver bowl. "Bell..Gauge keep holding each others hands and don't let go of each other at all!" I looked at my father trying to be strong putting a proud smile on his face then looked at my mother as to say 'I love you'. A tear rolled down her cheek as she sliced our palms. Our faces tightened In pain as our blood poured into the bowl, when we opened our eyes an enchanting smoke rose from the bowl, what is going on? Is Ma a witch? Mom's eye rolled into the back of her head as she chanted, "spirit of the wolf. Who wanders the wild lands, you who stalks in silent shadows, you who runs and leaps between the moss covered trees, lend my daughters your primal strength, And the wisdom of your glowing eyes. Teach them to relentlessly track their desires and to stand in defense of those they love, show them the hidden paths and moonlit fields. Fierce spirit. Walk with them in their solitude, howl with them in their hunts and guard them as they move through this world. Mote it be, Lupercalia." As the chant ended, ma  fell to the ground unresponsive. "QUICKLY GIRLS COME AND RAP YOUR PAMLS NOW!" my father screamed as a bullet zipped threw our window hitting our picture frame. "Now girls we want you to head for the back of the house, go north of here. Don't turn back, me and your mother will meet up with you, we love you." Bella started to cry as I pulled her toward the door, I know she didn't understand but I barely did until all I knew was  that we had to leave.

We burst through the door running as fast as our little legs could carry us. Tree after tree zoomed by us, our only light was the moon gleaming and cold, hounds howl in the night.  My sight went in and out "what did mom do to us? Is this part of her spell or adrenaline?" Bella yelled "don't let go, like dad said hold on!" I knew she was right, but I could barely hold on to myself. 

Our warm breath smoked out of our noses, short of breath and weak, we have become more vulnerable than before. " Hey Gauge look I can see... a stone wall! Do you think?" She looked at me with hope and glee. "I am not sure Bel Bel, we will have to see."  As we grew closer to the wall I was able to tell it was old, as dead vines climbed the walls. I looked closer and saw a symbol carved in. "Is that same symbol that's on mom's book?" Bella questioned "yeah, The armored wolf." I wasn't as scared as I was before seeing the emblem, but still my nerves drove me nuts and ill.

As we stood at the wall looking at the symbol, Bella placed her hand on the wolf's mouth "Bella! No..you don't know what this place is, it could be those hunters property!" I yelled, like a wall could jump out and hurt my sister. " What? It's a wall Gauge.. What is it going to do? Bite me?" She sarcastically stated to me like I was stupid, but right as she spoke, the wall crumbled to the ground " well if it was going to bite it can't now bell, you broke it, nice going! " a sarcastic come back, I giggled, but I was so confused did she do that or was it just a coincidence? "I didn't do it!" She squealed like she was going to get in trouble. Until a man and woman's voice rung out "we have been expecting  you two to show, blood sisters." Two ravens sat upon the rubble. 

" ar-are you TALKING?!"  I spoke in shock as I rubbed my eyes. "Yes, we were told moons ago you two would be joining us, during the beginning of Capricorn's Moon." What is happening, this all has to be a dream, stuff like this doesn't happen in real life only in fairy tales.  "This is no fairy tale my dear girl, not at all" the female raven called out. "Di-did you just read my mind? " My jaw dropped in awe, "ah ha-ha yes little pup, I did." She seemed to smile at me, somehow. How did she do that, I'm not exactly sure. As I spoke with the female raven, my sister sat beside the male as she turned to me in question "Gauge? Why are those necklaces glowing?" I didn't see it before, but they are, from afar they looked like a wolf's eye glowing in the moonlight.  The male raven spoke aloud, "Time is wasting, we have only a bit of the night left. Shade, we must take them to the queen." He spoke with a glare as to be annoyed but concerned.  "Hey wait, what about our mom and dad they must be here, they said they would be here..." I spoke a bit sternly but they just kept going "let's go gauge, maybe they will be with the queen, or maybe ma and pa are the king and the queen, that means we will be a princess!" Her smile and spun as she spoke to me, her innocent mind shown threw this hard time, but doing so it slightly gave me hope in this confusing and troubling time. 

As we walked thru the courtyard, the castle stood tall and proud over us. "How did we not see this? The wall was not that tall.." I spoke out in awe, when shade laughed "It's a spell that protects the castle and its students from curious little kitties." who else would be curious about this place? The hunters? Other people like Ma? " Not... Exactly Gauge. It's a mix of all, anyone one who may try to hurt us and destroy our plans in the future." shade quickly decided to answer me. I sign realizing my thoughts are no longer my own. As I look around everything seems so gray and dark, but the garden of roses they were so bright and colorfully rich with reds, purples, and blues; the moon made them shine out loud with an eerie glow to them. But even those roses could not distract me from the glaring eyes of others in the yard with us, they looked at us as to say leave now and some in question of our existence, now that I think of it, I even heard their voices speak but there were too many to try and understand my ears rung out loud but I had to focus at the tasks at hand. The hair on the back of neck stood up as I grabbed my sister, two young females stared at as we grew closer to the entrance my lip curled out of instinct to protect us, I started to snarl and glare after that their faces changed from aggressive to shock; I mean I was shocked that I even growled but they seemed to put their heads down and hide, like I was some beast, a monster. 

As we entered the castle, the scent of Sage and Wolfbane arose, it was so gentle to my nose and sent me into a trance. Shade perched herself on a statue "Just threw those doors my dears." as she waved her wing toward the iron doors. My heart pounded so loud it echoed down the hall, I reached for my sister's hand "it's okay, Bella...." Bella looked at me confused. Looking back at her I knew she was fine, but me, I was far from it. We stand in front of a desk and look around no one was here. "H-hello... Anyone here?" suddenly the door slammed shut frightening my sister and I. "Sit, Sit ladies no need for you to stand,  I am Morrighan Cailleach the matriarch of this school if you." she spoke out so proper and mono toned. "I am..." as I respectfully introduced my sister and I Mrs. Cailleach rang out "oh no need for introduction, my las. i know who you both are..Gauge and Bella."