CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHTWAR AT LAST "water like misery, it's coming down on me"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

WAR AT LAST
"water like misery, it's coming down on me"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     "Where are they?"

     "Why aren't they attacking?"

     "We're screwed."

     Drew was dead, which added yet another dead body to the book. After Drew was brutally murdered by a grounder, panic seeped through the crowd of eighty or so delinquents, and everyone rushed back to the camp. Now they were all gathered safely behind the walls, but that didn't mean they felt any less panicky. In fact, most were even more on edge, seeing as now, they were all nicely caged in and surrounded by the grounders. At this very moment, Dylan really wished she could evolve wings or something and fly away. I swear if I'm not a bird my my next life. . !

Dylan liked to think that she was a fight, not a flight, but when Clarke had suggested to run, Dylan couldn't have obeyed any faster. She had been so ready to drop everything and run for her life like some coward instead of staying and fighting like Bellamy wanted them to. But then again, Bellamy's 'let's blow them up with land mines and bullets' plan didn't exactly sound like the best plan.

"Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive." Clarke said. Dylan could feel her stomach flip at the mention of his name. My gosh, what am I? A fourteen year old girl in love?

"If it's just scouts, we can fight our way out. That's what Lincoln would do." Octavia said. Dylan arched a brow at the brunette. How would Octavia know what Lincoln would do? Dylan shook her head. It was probably just a guess.

"We're done doing what that grounder would do. We tried it and now Drew is dead. You want to be next?" Bellamy scoffed.

"That grounder saved our lives. I agree with Octavia. For all we know, there's one scout out there." Finn argued.

Jasper chuckled dryly. "One scout with insanely good aim."

"Looking to you, Princess. What's it gonna be? Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back?" Everyone turned to look at the Griffin girl, arms folded in anticipation.

"Lincoln said 'scouts'. More than one. He said, 'get home before the scouts arrive'. They're already here." Clarke looked over at Bellamy. "Looks like you've got your fight."

"Ok, then. This is what we've been preparing for. Kill them before they kill us. Gunners, to your posts. Use the tunnels to get in and out. From now on, the gate stays closed." Bellamy ordered. With an arched brow, Dylan leaned against Octavia.