Manila

July 4, 1966, Manila Airport.

"This country looks so strange..." John groaned as he looked out the windowplane.

"Yeah...look at that, that's our limo !" Paul said, pointing to a big black limousine.

"Come on lads, let's go !" Brian exclaimed.

The band got off the plane, greeted by hundreds of fans. The boys were grabbed by the cops, and taken into the limo with Brian. Neil, Derek and Mal were about to join them with their luggage, when the limo driver started the engine and started driving.

"Hey ! Our partners are still on the tarmac ! What the hell are you doing ?" Brian asked frowning. No answers.

Neil, Derek and Mal looked at each other quizzically, and headed for another car, whose police officers and various men in uniform were filling the trunk with the group's belongings. They got into the car and sighed.

"Take us to where you've taken the Beatles !" Neil shouted. The three men were getting angry, not understanding what was going on.

Meanwhile, the boys and Brian were taken to Manila harbor, where they were taken on a big yacht. The boys waited inside, while Brian talked with the local tour organizers in a small office.

"What the hell is this nonsense ? Why'd they put us on a fucking boat ?" John yelled looking at the other boys.

"It's bloody weird !" George said, looking nervously around him.

Brian came back screaming into the room, his face red with anger.

"Come on ! They're taking us to the hotel !" He yelled, heading outside.

When they arrived at the hotel, Neil, Mal and Derek were in the suite. Brian breathed a sigh of relief when he saw them.

"What the hell is going on here ?" Derek asked as he looked at Brian.

"I don't know, I don't understand anything ! They've put us on a fucking boat ! I had to start screaming for them to take us to the hotel..."

"And I've got weed in my suitcase ! I was afraid they'd find it !" Neil ran his hand through his hair, really stressed.

Paul shook his head. "It's a good thing Lou didn't come, she would have gone mad..."

Paul's remark made everyone laugh, relaxing the atmosphere a bit.

"So come on, let's get ready for the concert..." Brian exclaimed as he started to open the suitcases.

Later that afternoon, the eight of them were taken where the concert was to take place. Brian turned red with anger when he saw that the stadium was filled with at least 80 000 people, even though he had signed a contract for a stadium that could hold 2000 to 5000 people.

The band felt really bad in this town where everyone was weird, and everything was poorly organized. They gave the concert nevertheless.

Brian went away with Neil in a small room to call Lou. The communications went very badly, she didn't answer. When they left the room, Derek came to meet them.

"The first family sent an emissary to ask the band to come to the presidential palace for lunch tomorrow." Derek exclaimed.

Neil shook his head. "We'll never have time !"

Brian nodded. "Go tell him we're very honored, but it's not possible."

Derek ran out to the emissary. After the concert, they all went back to the hotel and went to bed.