Introduction

Her legs were tiring quickly and her throught was dry, but she Ouri had been running for at least two miles and wasn't going to stop now. In fact, it was about three hours of running before she had to finally stop. She lay in a cornfield at this very moment, checking her bags, making sure she has everything she needs until she finds what she's looking for. She murmers something to herself, counting out eight bottles of water, 30 meals, and Marie's sleeping bag and photo. For a minute, she feels guilty she left her, but pushes the thought away immedietly.

     The sunset is beautiful and seems as if it is speaking to her. Ouri likes the attention, so she settles her sleeping bag out and lays on top of it, watching the stars. She sighs and drifts off to sleep.

Ouri was born without a name. Her parents were evil and instead of putting her in an orphanage, threw her to tigers at the zoo at midnight, and the tigers made a meal of her. She still doesn't have an arm, but she does have, or should I say did have, a family, because a Zookeeper by the name of Opal, illegally adopted her and kept her in the basement like a cat. She still remembers the day she came home from work telling her she was the latest news story. FBI was after her and Opal, and even Opal's little daughter, Madelina, and she just had to stay here every day thinking about it. So today, when she woke up, she peeked through the cat door in the basement, and when the car had entered the highway, she took off. She ran as fast as she could to whereever she could.

Madelina was Ouri's life, but she took off because she couldn't deal with it anymore. Mostly, because she didn't feel like she had a home.