Blue Plastic Straw Bracelet

3rd year high school. We were both 15.

Our teacher divided the class into four groups. She organized a treasure hunt. What were we? A bunch of eight-year-olds? Once again, she found another way to laze and sleep during her period.

You were with your friends and I was with mine. They don't have any idea about the two of us yet. But we were happy in our own little world. I tried to remain subtle during the activity but it can't be helped not to miss you. I tried to ignore you, to focus searching for bottle caps. A bag of bottle caps hidden to save us from taking the exam in our shitty values class.

I searched and searched. But my friends weren't as enthusiastic as I was. They just hung inside the air conditioned classroom and rested their ass off. Now let's not wonder why they're fatties.

I kinda lost hope. So I joined Tim and Ken. We gossiped about nothing in particular. I peeped through the window and saw Laurie. Oh Laurie. The guy I had a crush with since freshmen. Until you came..

Tim and Kath noticed Laurie. Next thing I knew they were talking to him. One thing led to another and Tim started to drag me off my feet to Laurie who was sitting by the tree. "Sophie and Laurie sitting by the tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G." It was playing on my mind while I kept resisting Tim's pressure. I sat on the cement and started faking a cry. He gave up.

I entered the classroom and sat on my usual seat. Kath opened the curtain and talked to Laurie by the window. Laurie asked why was I crying. Damn that boy. Just because he knew I liked him once. But hey, I liked the attention. Like the attention you were giving to Mary while you were "looking for treasure". Yeah, I might be busy resisting Tim, but half of my attention was on you. You were with her.

I wanted to see Laurie. I wanted him to comfort me. But damn, the timing sucked. Our Math teacher came and started some Geometry shits I never understood. An hour of torture with radius, diameter, tangent, the fuck this and that. I can't even get my mind off from you and Mary. Fuck you. Geometry.

I guessed you've noticed I was being distant. You never asked why. But you gave me this bracelet. Two plastic straws joined together to form a bracelet. I had forgiven you over this trash which I treasured.

Neithermy group nor yours found the bag of bottle caps. A bunch of trash. Like thisbracelet. A complete trash and yet treasured. But it's time to put it backwhere it should have belonged. To the garbage.