CHAPTER 3: JIANG CLAN

The day after the rain.

He stood there, silently reading of the script for his role while his personal assistant were busy talking to another staff. And there is the female make up artist beside him retouching the make up on his face. Any moment, later, the director will call him to take the shoot of his character with the female lead.

Speaking of the actress, she's chatting loudly with someone on her staffs. A soft laughter's could be heard once in a while in her side.

Just looking at the woman, with free actions, being loud and chatty as ever her reputation says, as if without any concerns in the world had made him to remembered their first meeting at the cast conference.

The drama remake of a well known Yunmeng Mermaid drama series had the country's flip upside down, mostly those people from the entertainment industry. Since all casts were made in public, everybody's reaction are very different and far from cry from all of speculations the management's have thought. To one certain reason, to the  person who was selected, the actress who will portray the female lead---the beloved role of Yunmeng's legendary mermaid, Yu Ziyuan.

A fierce, formidable and famous lady of Yunmeng, the one and only madam of Lotus Pier. That mermaid. And yet, an actress with a sloppy reputation is going to portrayed her in this remake, people wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. In other words, they don't like fact she's getting the protagonist role and paired up with him, as man with good image in or outside of the entertainment industry, he has a lot of fans supporting him genuinely.

Whether ups and downs, they will not fail to give the moral support for him.

Knowing the female lead actress, his other devoted fans reacted really bad for this kind of arrangements. Despite of it he still had accepted the offer to become the male lord's role as Jiang Fengmian-----the famous general who has fallen deeply in love with a feared mermaid of Yunmeng. For thousands of years, the legend made a mark, and still alive within this place.

The people respect that undying love  of the man for the creature dwelling in the deep sea.

On the other hand, him, chosen male lord for the legend had failed in terms of comprehending that feelings, he do not understand the affection this man hold for the mermaid. Yet, his acting is still good, meeting the satisfaction of the people around him. Though it still fill in the blank to his.

" Zewu-Jun you are really devoted to acting and we're glad you're the male Lord." The make up artist muttered.

"I am honored to portrayed Jiang Fengmian." Lan Xichen announced.

"That's good to know, you see casting for male lord had the entertainment circle to be crazy, mostly those young actors who wants to leap from being an eunuch to a grand emperor, if it's not for you accepting a role our dear director offered, then the old man is having headache now."

He smiled back and change the topic, flattering him is one of occurence in his life as well known actor. "I heard Lotus Pier is very restricted area, but how come the Jiang Clan let us shoot here."

It is the truth, even though it just for few months. He heard a lot of stories about the Jiang Clan dominating the country with wealth, influence and fame.

Although, Lan Clan is the most highly sought respected family--second rich generation household, still, they had never able to meet someone from the certain family of Jiang. They did not even bothered attending any kind of gatherings in high society, making a lot of rumours circling around the social circles.

Maybe being a first rich generation has it's perks, and them acting like all high mighty is very normal.

Even the chairman of Jiang's Group had never show himself to anyone in a public or in the business world.