Chapt 4

Chapter 4 - Deal
____________

I didn't let what Klein told me earlier ruin my state. Kailangan ko mag focus at baka matapilok pa ako sa stage.

Pinayagan kami ni Sir na gamitin yung mini stage, kaso nga lang para fair, lahat ng groupo ang aakyat don. It was better than nothing, though. Imagine strutting without a platform... Ridiculous.

This isn't my first time. Naka participate na rin ako sa isang runway ng kilalang brand dito sa Pilipinas. That was the first and last, though. Required din naman sa go-sees ang pag rarampa pero limited lang ang taong naroon, this is different. Ang daming studyante na naka abang na mag simula kami, and those green eyes. His stares makes me so conscious.

Every team got a mic time para hindi nakakarindi pakinggan na sabay sabay kaming gumagamit ng Mic. The first group did their yells. I felt secondhand embarrassment for them, especially for Alexa. That was so cringey!

The second group did a speech. It was like they were running for Senate and not selling. The third team did the "pasok mga suki" dance or whatever. It wasn't that bad but it was pretty darn funny and embarrassing if I were on their team.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN," Narinig ko ang malakas na tinig ni Julia sa medium sized speaker. Medium palang yon. "FUTURE ARCHITECTS, BUSINESS MEN AND WOMEN, DOCTORS, EDUCATORS, AND ENGINEERS, WELCOME!"

"G na?" Tanong ni Sky, yung lalaking naka black.

"Oo naman! Kayo Biancz, Duls?" Tanong ni Luis, yung naka Nike.

"Let's do this!" Maligayang sabi ni Bianca.

"Bianca here is wearing the Blue shirt with the University's initials in gold," sa hudyat na iyon ay rumampa si Bianca sa mini stage. "The color blue in our logo symbolizes team spirit, leadership, and humility. Rise along the rest or never at all." She mentioned one of the University's quote. It's only a sentence but it holds a deep meaning: Not everything in life is a competition, you will need to pull each other up, not to drag each other down. Being at the top, but lonely, is basically losing.

"In her hands is a mug of that says #teamspirit." It was a cute mug. It had variety of colors to choose from.

She walked back signaling Luis to follow, "Luis here is wearing the same thing but in men's size," Luis went around the stage, and I could see girls drooling from over here. "In his hand is our mascot, the Golden Eagle, on a keychain. The Golden Eagle represents your high goals in life. 'For the Golden Eagle shall fly high, but with a mind of gold, shall it stay wise'." It was a line that uses personification. In that quote, the students are the eagles.

"Next up!" Hudyat na ako na ang lalakad, "Dulce here is wearing a purple shirt with our logo." I strutted with a smile on my face, still nervous, but also excited. "The purple symbolizes strength, class, and elegance. For the Golden Eagle will soar high, with its head high."

Our logo contained a golden eagle surrounded with blue and purple flames, while the background is white. It was minimal compared to other complex logos. I did a turn so they could see the small initials on the back. When I faced front, I got greeted by those emerald eyes, beside him was a blabbering Daisy. It seemed like he wasn't paying attention at all. Feeling accomplished with the attention he's giving me, I gave him a smirk and then a wink, then strutted back. I wasn't carrying anything so that was all to say.

"Sky is wearing the same thing but is carrying a mini figurine of our mascot."

I walked off of the stage to Bianca, "Tatanggalin na 'to?"

"Tinanong namin si Sir kung pwede natin bilhin para suotin sa sports fest, oo daw." Sagot niya.

That wasn't what I asked for but, okay, I'll buy it para may masuot. "Thank you, so can I take it off na?"