Chapt 8

Chapter 8 - snuggle
___________

Nasa Samal na kami ngayon. Tita found a good resort for us to stay in for three days. Gusto ni tita na bigyan si Andrix ng break sa trabaho. Pagkatapos nito, babalik na si Tita at Tito sa Manila. I will miss them, that's for sure. At baka pag bumalik na sila doon, ay hindi na rin kami magusap ni Andrix.

Mapait akong napangiti habang tinititigan ang asul na dagat. Ang mga malumanay na paghampas ng alon sa dalampasigan. My time in solitude was interrupted when I felt an embrace from behind.

"Andrix.." From his manly sent, I knew it was him.

"Mama booked us a cabin.. together." He said.

Automatiko akong kumalas sa pagkakayakap niya sa akin at agarang humarap sa kaniya, "T-together?"

"What's with you and your little panic attacks when I tell you that we'll be stuck in a room together?" Naalala ko noong ayaw kong pumunta sa condo niya. He scoffed, "I'm not gonna take advantage of you or something."

I gasped in disbelief, "Of course I didn't think of that! It's part of the deal Andrix, that I get my own room. That's all."

His green eyes fixed to mine, "It's two beds, Velvet."

"Alright, I guess I'm fine with that." I shrugged then watched the waves again.

"You sure? I can talk to—"

"No!" I cut him off, then faced him again. His eyes were full of amusement, "I mean, no, Andrieous. I don't want your parents to suspect something." Sinabi ko sa mas malumanay na paraan.

Tinalikuran ko siya ulit. Lumapit ako sa barandilya at inilagay ang magkabila kong siko doon. I even thought he left already, pero hinawakan niya din ang barandilya sa magkakabilang gilid ko.

We stood there in silence, watching the waves crash every five seconds. I held the camera that was strangling my neck and snapped a picture.

"You like the waves?"

"It's very beautiful, and the fact that this won't last forever is.. terrifying."

"Why do you think it's beautiful? It's just water." He said behind me.

"It's just water... yes, you're right. But what's underneath this water? So many majestic creatures. Those calm looking waves that can drown a yacht if it wishes to. The ocean that is very powerful, and the secrets that lies in it."

"I guess it really is something if I thought of it that way," he removed his hand and moved on my right side while facing me, "you're very intelligent."

"I just like seeing life in another prospective. Life with a greater meaning, I guess."

He chuckled. I could almost see his green eyes sparking everytime the sunlight hits it. And you are one mesmerizing creature. A creature that I cannot decipher clearly. You are almost out of my reach.. almost impossible. I wanted to say that, but of course I couldn't.

"I wonder if you can convince me more on how the waves are much more beautiful," he said with a cocky voice.

"Are you challenging me?" I faced him and raised an eyebrow.

"Are you willing to take the challenge?"

"Game on, Andrix." I rolled my eyes and walked back to the lobby.

Andrieous was quietly trailing behind me when we went to our little cabin. A service jeep dropped us off with our stuff. I only bought one big vacation bag for my clothes and essentials. I insisted on carrying it, but Andrix keeps on refusing. Yung hand bag ko nalang daw yung dalhin ko.