chapter one

Remi Pov

I was starting to get a migraine. Jen wouldn't shut up about this party. She's freaking out about how huge it's gonna be and honestly I really don't wanna go, but I have to go for her.

Jen has always been the one to go to things like this out of the two of us. I'm more of a couch potato and if I do go out it's usually to places that are mostly calm quiet atmospheres. I don't really go to parties if by party you mean a bunch of people getting shitfaced wasted and can't keep their hands off eachother then I'll pass, but I still found myself walking towards the frat house regardless.

I looked down at my outfit, I was wearing a white tee, a pair of ripped blue jeans and black pumps. The pumps which were obviously Jen's idea, since I refused to wear a dress she got to pick the shoes I wear. I don't wear dresses, like at all. The dress she wanted me to wear barely passed my bum and since I'm bigger on the hips, it was extremely tight. The black pumps had a strap around my ankle and I could barely walk in them. Thankfully I had some regular shoes in my bag for later, but Jen doesn't know that.

Meanwhile Jen is wearing a lacey red dress with heels worse than mine. She looked amazing regardless. I've always been jealous of how she could eat anything and still maintain that figure. Jen isn't ever worried about anything and is always happy which is another thing I envied.  She is so careless and lively you can't help but smile when she's talking to you. That's why she's my best friend.

I came to the city of Orlando in hopes of leaving every bad memory behind me and starting out fresh and since the move nobody has reached out to me more than Jen. I may have a lot of trust issues but I know I can trust Jen, it's shocking to me because I can talk to her so easily and I opened up to her pretty fast.

As we get closer I take in how huge the house is, I can already see several intoxicated people just outside the house. The party looked like something you'd see off a movie. (An: Or any other wattpad fanfic;) I've never been to a party like this and to make me even more nervous there were a couple of guys looking at me and Jen and when I looked at them one of them winked. Fucking creeps. Aren't they too old to be at a frat party? They look pushing 30.

I walk into the house with Jen and I already feel very out of place because everyone is either drinking, getting high or fucking although there is some dancing but I wouldn't call it dancing so I'll  just put that in the 'fucking' category. I'm somewhat regretting my choice of clothing since everyone is looking at me like I just got out of bed. Hell, I'm not even wearing any makeup.

Jen tries to get me to dance but I refuse, the guys are still looking at us up & down and I don't want to give them a show, but Jen sure does. As I'm awkwardly standing next to a dancing Jen I notice a boy checking her out and he actually look decent. I wouldn't mind if she went for it.

"Jen I think someone likes you." I said pointing at him with my eyebrows.

"Wait where?" She says trying to be oblivious to it. She never really had a trouble with self-confidence so as she's strutting over to him she looks at me almost as if asking if I'll be okay alone, I nod in reassurance.

I walk into the kitchen to get a drink but there's nothing but alcohol. I pick a random one and I try to get out quickly but bump into someone hard and my drink spills all over me and him.

"Watch where the fuck you're going." A deep British accent growls. His height was almost intimidating along with his icy green stare.

"It was an accident asshole." I said trying to get this drink off my dress. What even was this, it smelt terrible.

"Yeah whatever, you got it all over me." He said shoving me aside to get some paper towels.

"It's on me too you dick."

He doesn't give me any paper towels so I have to get it myself. The problem with that is it's so high up and Paul Bunyan over here is watching me while I struggle to reach it.

Dick.

"Mind helping me?" I said annoyed. He ignored me and after he was done cleaning himself up he walked out.

"You're too kind." My voice laced with sarcasm as he walked out.

As I was still struggling to reach the paper towels, I felt someone behind me knock it down for me.

"You're welcome." said Louis. Louis is one of my friends from campus, he's hilarious and one of the few people I can actually tolerate.

"Thanks Louis, I bumped into some asshole and this drink spilt all over me."

"Well it's smells disgusting mind talking to me from a distance?" He said jokingly.

"Now you know how I feel with you most of the time." I said laughing

"Get yourself cleaned up before we all have to evacuate the party cause of you." He quipped with a smile.

"Yeah yeah." I said walking out the kitchen with him.

"So the lad who bumped into you, did he have long hair? Pretty tall?" He asked.

"Yeah how'd you know?"

"I saw him walking out, thats one of my mates from back home. He just transferred to UCF."

"You're joking." I said, pretty irritated with the fact that I'd be seeing him often.

"Don't worry he's not always a prick, he's just not comfortable, you'll get used to him."

"I don't plan on getting used to him because we won't be around eachother." I said planning on never seeing him.

"Speaking of Harry I have to check on him, make sure he hasn't killed anyone yet." He said with a chuckle.

"Okay I guess I have to check on Jen too." With that I waved him off and got looking for Jen.

I was looking for Jen everywhere I possibly could until I found myself in a dark room. I was looking for a switch until someone locked the door then turned on the lights. The room had three scruffy looking guys and two skimpy girls in it with bloodshot eyes. They were really high I guess since the whole room smelt like pot.

"Hey there pretty thing." said the guy who turned on the lights, touching my cheek. "I could use someone like you right now."

I slapped his hand out of my face not understanding what he meant.

"Listen here pothead you're gonna move out of my way and I'm gonna leave."

"Or you could stay and have a little fun." He said showing me his bag of pot. I haven't smoked weed for a year now and I promised myself to quit.

"Come on you look stressed." He said putting the bag in my hand. I threw it in his face and tried to open the door.

"She's a stuck up prude don't waste your time Brent." Skimpy bitch #1 said sickly like I wasn't even there.

"No I just don't like getting high off my ass in random places dressed like a fucking prostitute." I said irked.

"Brent get her the fuck out of here." Skimpy bitch #2 spoke up while the other gave me a snarl.

"What? But I like her." He said with a whine.

"You guys are sick" I said quickly grabbing the door handle.

As I'm opening the door someone is trying to open it from the outside.

Him again. The reason why I have to walk around smelling like a bag of pee.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" He says rudely.

You bump into someone once and they treat you like you murdered their family.

"I was just leaving you can save your breath." I said brushing past him.

"Bitch" one of the prostitutes muttered.

I grabbed her cheap hair and made sure she never said any slick shit again. As I put her head down I kneed her in the face and threw her on the floor. After that the room was filled with silence and wide eyes, I slowly walked out the door and never returned.

Where the fuck are you Jen.