Oikawa: Twisted Fate

First Sentence your soulmate says to you is written on your nondominant wrist

Angst
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oikawa Tooru noticed how distracted Iwaizumi was during practice. Yes, the pretty boy can be an idiot, but he wasn't so idiotic that he didn't realise something's wrong with his friend. More red flags emerged when the tense male raced off to the locker room and came out before the rest of the team, who decided to walk, could open the door.

Next, a confused group of volleyball players asked Oikawa about the male's behaviour. No proper response from him.

Finally, the even more confused group, now including the team captain, saw what caused their stoic companion to act oddly. A girl.
At first, it felt impossible, but the blushy faced girl held the boy's hand, and he showed no signs of letting go of her hand.

"Shittykawa, I want you to meet my girlfriend." Oddly enough, Iwaizumi stuttered on the first sentence before continuing,"(Y/N), this is Oikawa. Trashy-er-Oikawa, this is (Y/N)."

"So you're Iwa-chan's girlfriend? So mean! Why didn't you tell me, Iwa-chan?" Tooru whined a little bit and continued to do so until both Iwaizumi and his apparent girlfriend walked away out of annoyance.

A long time had passed since then. Little to no information was discovered about (Y/N) by the team. All that was known was she had two brothers, played volleyball during highschool, and had dated Iwaizumi for about a month before the team met her. I suppose you could also say they learned she was very quiet. However, whether she is quiet or mute is up for debate.

6 years ago, the former team met his girlfriend, but now, it had ended. A bullet to the heart ended it all. No more soft smiles from the (h/c) haired girl. No more seeing Iwa softly laugh.

A month ago, Iwa took his own life out of grief. Now, he lays in the dirt, buried on a beautiful cliff. Sakura trees bloom there. He lay right next to his old teammate, Kindaichi. Iwaizumi killed himself over the kid's death. Kindaichi was only seventeen when it happened. It was the day before his eighteenth birthday when he took a bullet for Iwa. Now, they both were buried six feet under with no future truly made.

Now, the team and the girl pay respects to their fallen soldiers. (Y/N) sat on the brown wooden fence behind the graves. Oikawa sat in between his deceased friends. Matsu and Maki reclined against some trees. Kunimi and the others that were able to visit stood in front of the two resting places.

"Hey, Oikawa."

That voice was new. It was her, but why now? After all this time, she spoke. Not at the funerals, but now???

"Uh, yeah, (Y/N)?" At this point, everyone faced the girl who looked down to the sudden drop the cliff had.

"I liked our approach. Let's see our departure." With that, she pushed her hands off the fence, which in turn, forced her off the wood she was sitting on. She fell down the side of the cliff.

More time passed, six months to be exact. Oikawa still grieved all three deaths, and the team tried to cheer him up. Nothing would work. Finally, Kunimi had enough.

"What the hell's going on! Oikawa, no, Tooru, you need to get it together and help us! We need to know what's going on!"

"Alright," Oikawa said in a low voice," I'll tell you guys." It took a few moments, but finally it came out. "She was my soulmate. (Y/N) was my soulmate the whole time, and she didn't even care. All she ever cared about was Iwa-chan, but he died. And she never came to me! I just, I just wanted a soulmate. I wanted someone to comfort me this whole time, and she's the one who should have, but- but now she's gone. I just-"

He cut himself off by crying. Oikawa was balling his eyes out. Tears raced down his face. Curling himself up in a ball, he just cried even more.