Love at it's Finest

To the outside world, [Y/N] and Bolin were always, at first glace at least, going to be mistaken for friends/brothers, never as boyfriends. Sure, same sex couples were accepted all throughout the world now, even in the Fire Nation, all though it was going slower than people hoped (old habits die hard), and more people were beginning to learn more about not only themselves but the other people around them as well. Take Korra and Asami for example, they were close to Bolin and [Y/N] and not only were they bisexual, but they were dating each other. 

Bolin and [Y/N] knew that some people wouldn't accept them for being gay, but that didn't really matter to the couple. All that mattered to the two men was their love for each other, and they didn't care what people said about them, they just kept on walking to wherever they were going in the first place. They went shopping one day and were called not-so-nice names by a group of young adults, and they just kept on walking around the store so they could make dinner that night. 

Time has passed since their first kiss, a month to be exact, and they were having the time of their lives. They would be going out to dinner soon, and [Y/N] was getting ready in their main bathroom (Bolin insisted that he took their bathroom, while he took Mako's). [Y/N] couldn't help but reminisce about the month they had spent together, and especially the first time they met one another. Sure, [Y/N] was in pain at the time, but Bolin did such a good job patching them up (and kissing him) that he didn't feel that much pain the next day, especially when he woke up in Bolin's strong arms. 

[Y/N] awoke from their daydreaming to the sound of Bolin knocking at the door. 

"Hey, are you done in there? Our reservation's at 7:30 and it's already 7:15!"

Bolin was just as excited as [Y/N], and the non-bender wouldn't have it any other way. Bolin was like a young polar bear dog, always hyper and just super cute all the time. While he may act like a puppy, he had the strength of a fully grown polar bear dog, and was still just as cute and cuddly. 

"Yeah, I just need to get my shoes on." 

Once his fancy dress shoes were on, [Y/N] walked out to see Bolin facing away from the bathroom door, staring at one of their most recent pictures together. It was probably both of theirs favorite, seeing as it was a photo of them kissing with Pabu in front of them, making a small little heart with his tail. 

Once Bolin turned around, his mouth opened to say something, the words died in his mouth. [Y/N] was confused, maybe there had been something on his face? He moved to go back into the bathroom to check, but Bolin stopped him before he could turn around, kissing him passionately. The two of them had their eyes closed, kissing each other deeply with such love and devotion to one another. They were both more than happy to share this moment together, in the comfort of their apartment. Sure, they would probably miss their reservation, but at least the time they spent was with each other.