Chapter one

Addie neils POV, 1986
"DAMN IT!" I yell, sending my toy flying into the wall. I instantly regret it because mommy and todd come flying up the stairs. Mommy has a beer in her hand and seems angry. "WHERE THE HELL DID YOU LEARN LANGUAGE LIKE THAT!?" She screams, making me cry a little bit. "Come on christina its her loser-ass dirtbag dad." Todd says, leaning on mommy.

Honestly at this point i don't even know what half those words mean, i'm only 4. "You know what, lets go see your daddy." Mommy says roughly, grabbing me by the arm. She drags me down the stairs, out of the house and tosses me in the car. I climb into my seat as she starts driving. She's going fast and my heart is racing, tears are streaming down my face, and my back and legs hurt. A few minutes later, i see daddy's house and I forget all about my bleeding knee.

"Damn it." Mommy says, and i feel the car lurch forward. She gets out and pulls me out too, shoving me towards daddy's house. She knocks on the door before jumping in her car. She drives off without so much as a bye bye. A few moments later daddy opens the door and sees me crying. "The fuck?" He says, then picks me up. "Well hey my little miracle." He says, kissing my forehead. Daddy always calls me his little miracle, I'm not sure why. He has dark circles under his eyes, and his pink lips are smudged.

"My leg." I whine, burying my face into his soft light hair. Daddy looks down and sees that my leg is bloody. "Oohh lookie there, no problem, we can fix that." He says in a funny voice causing me to giggle. "Shit man whats taking so lo..." my daddy's friend, tommy says, then stops when he sees me. "Well heyyy little vince." He greets, a white thingy, that my daddy described as a cig-something, in his mouth.

Daddy carries me inside, sitting me on his fluffy couch as he and tommy walk to the kitchen. A few moments later tommy comes out of the kitchen with a band-aid and a bottle of something. "Okay little miss vince jr." he says, giving me his childish grin. "Now this might hurt just a bit..." he explains, putting the stuff from the bottle on my leg. "shit tommy you cant use beer!" Daddys other friend nikki yells. "IT SAID ALCOHOL!" Tommy replies. "Rubbing alcohol, fucking idiot." Nikki remarks, grabbing a black bottle and putting some on my leg. (TOMMY IS HIGH AS A KITE, BECAUSE HE SHOULD KNOW THIS!!! HE HAS A DAUGHTER FOR CHRISTS SAKE)

I can hear daddy talking to someone in the kitchen. "DAMN IT! AT LEAST I GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HER!" He yells, then I hear him walk into the room. I flinch, because he sounded mad and a lot like mommy does when she drinks her 'beer'. "Hey baby..." he combs through my hair with his fingers. His eyes look sad, like the gray clouds I see from my window when it rains.

"Daddy does mommy love me?" I ask, because mommy never does any of the things uncle nikki uncle tommy uncle mick or daddy has. Tommy glares at vince. "Mommy..." daddy says the.n trails off. I look away, i'm about to cry. On the table there is a bunch of bottles and cig-somethings, with things I don't recognize. Mommy says that stuff is why daddy is stupid and an asshole. "Boom." Nikki says, picking me up and bringing me to sit on the couch. Tommy almost grabs another bottle, but uncle mick slaps his hand. "Dude the kids here!" Mick says. Tommy shrugs, "y'know I know how to take care of kids, I have one." Tommy says.

Daddy walks back into the kitchen, and I can't hear him talking anymore. I'm tired, I can't sleep at home because of mommy and todds yelling. I slump over onto uncle nikki. "Uncle nikki?" I say sleepily. "Yeah starry eyes?" Uncle nikki replies. "You're like a mattress." I whisper, before dropping into sleep.

Authors note: thanks so much for reading i'm rusty af and this is my first chapter so... anyways I hope you liked it!