Chapter 8

The words that came out of my mouth dripped with venom and hatred. Aaron fell to the floor on his knees and clutched his chest.

He growled and stood up stepping toward me. His eyes softened as they met mine.

"Misty please listen to me that's not what I want. I want you. Every inch of you is mine and is made for me. I cannot possible see my life without you." He paused. " I just think we shouldn't be around each other as much. It puts you in way too much danger. I know you're your mother's daughter but I don't want to risk losing you."

"Yeah you said that on the terrace too. You ruined my birthday! You ruined my mood!" I paused. " I'm falling in love with you and you want me to stop seeing you and being around. All I can think about is you. Idiot!"

"Listen to me, you stubborn brat! I'm not trying to get rid of you. I'm also not trying to keep you on a short leash. Especially with The Order after us."

"The Order? What's that?" I pondered Terry and Darien managed to leave the room and shut the door behind them.

"That is what this group of things is called. They believe that there shouldn't be inter species breeding and that it taints the Sacred bloodlines." He paused his jaw flexing. "They've been watching you and they've been watching me. I love you and I will protect you with my life. I don't want to see other person. I just want you." His eyes were screaming at me to take back my words. He reached out for me.

Looking down at the floor I knew he was doing what he thought was best for me. I knew he thought about this with good intentions. I placed my hands in his.

"Aaron. I retract my previous statement. I don't want anyone else. But I need you to know I'm not breakable. I'm not fragile. I need you to not treat me differently. The only way they could hurt me is if I lose you." He wrapped his arms around me.

"You not only make me happy, but you also drive me mad woman."

"Great, don't you forget! Now let's go back to the party shall we? But first I have to see if you messed up my makeup" I pulled away and went to my vanity checking for any smudges. Nothing out of place but I apply some powder and setting spray. He hadn't moved yet. I reach out my hand to him and he smiled and embraced it walking out with me.

The night went on, I did my father daughter dance.
Danced with friends Liam included much to Aaron's dismay, but he made sure to stake his claim when we danced. Silly old bear.

But in the back of my head locked away the thought that this could all end at any moment and turn out tragically frightened me to my very core.

I didn't know much about The Order. Who they were, what they are, but I vow to rid the world of every last one of them. You don't come for my pack,  my family, or my friends.

A few days had passed and I was in the kitchen when the usual feeling of being watched came over me.

I sensed for Aaron but he wasn't here or anywhere near here to be exact. He was back at his pack checking on the couple that had been attacked.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and a chill ran through me.

"Mother!?" I called out and kinda practically ran out of the kitchen.

"Mom? Mom?" I called she felt close but she didn't respond. She always responded.

The front door was wide open. It eerily felt like I was alone, but that feeling I was being watched stayed and worsened.

I turned behind me and a man I hadn't seen before was there his face blurred out, he had a dark dingy cloak on.

"Princess, if I were you I'd be running. You don't want to end up like your father or mother do you?" I stared at him puzzled. My heart rate audibly beating harder now. "Confused dear, let me shed some light on to you." His hands went and reached for something tucked into his cloak.