28

peace-free state of security and calmness that comes when there's no fighting or war

Wednesday|Miami Florida|February

10:57AM

"Alright class let's finish class off with some CNN"I managed to pull the little energy I had left in me as my teacher deep voice boomed through the room.History really knew how to drain the life and energy outta me.I wasn't learning anything that had anything to do with me or my history so it never really caught my attention.

Of course I still had to pay attention and learn this stuff to uphold my grade but other then that I honestly couldn't care.All we learn is how the white people this or that.Rarely about African Americans,Natives and etc.

Just the whites and all their achievements and which is just a waste for me to be honest. If it was my heritage and genealogy then it would be way easier to like it.Drowsily I pushed myself up and tried to get comfortable in my seat as CNN started.

"Hi everyone I'm Carl Azuz thanks for watching CNN ten weather you're at school or at work we appreciate!let's kick things off with wuhan China"I never really had a problem with CNN,it kept me updated with things around the world and gets me out of class work.I pulled out a piece of gum as Carl continued to talk.

"A virus has been found and is being tested in labs,reports say it's not as deadly as the flu however it's mysterious,international health officials aren't sure how it's spread and or how contagious it is and how it acts on the body".I started to zone out and think about what I was gonna eat at lunch.

Before I knew it the CNN outro music was playing meaning class was almost over."Alright class remember tomorrow we start our projects,try and find a partner"Weary I put everything in my backpack as the bell rang."Skylar wait up!"I turned around to see Jasper struggling to zip his backpack up.He walked with me side by side in the hallway.

We didn't really know each other like that but every chance he gets he tries to talk to me or start a convo.He came to the school about a week and a half ago.His short curly shiny hair,brown eyes and clear melanie skin shimmered and glisten from the sunshine coming through the window.He appeared to be six feet something or close since he towered over me.

(I'll show him later in another chapter-♡︎)

"I was wondering if you wanted to be my partner for the project"He said pulling his backpack on his back.A scent of coco butter and cologne hit my nose as he adjusts it."Um sure"I shrugged not thinking anything about it.I could tell he was a smart person and he didn't seem like he'd just partner with me just let me do all the work and take particular credit for it.

He flashed a quick smile

"Ok well see you around"He said pulling out his phone and walked down the crowded hall.

I continued to walk towards the cafeteria to find Algee.I spotted him near Keith,Luke and the rest of them in the lunch line.I playful poked his butt making me tighten it and jump."Aye chill with that gay shit br-sky I told you I don't like that"He mean mugged me as I held back my laugher.

"It's not gay if I'm your girlfriend Algee"I gave him a pecked as he mumble something under his breath.Me and Algee had been dating for almost three months now.

"Can you get me some lays chips and some apple juice,I'm not that hungry today but I need some energy"He nodded and kissed my forehead before I went to sit down at our table with Ryan and Ella.

"Hey guys"they both looked up and smiled lightly."Hey girly"Ryan said making a fun face as Ella smiled and waved.We started talking about random things till the boys got back."Here you go"Algee slide me my chip and juice as he sat down next to me.I thanked him as we all started eating lunch.

My chips and juice seem to hit a little different today
which made me happy and energetic

2:06Pm

I packed all my stuff up for trigonometry and shoved it in my backpack.We had finish our lesson a little early so Mrs.London let us have free time till the bell ring.I walked over to Algee who was still packing up his stuff.I helped him but all the remaining things in his backpack-or was till someone bumped into me passing by almost making me fall.I rolled my eyes already knowing who is was.

It was obviously Riley enviros self

Every since me and Algee got together she gotten even more slightly annoying and pressing my buttons.I didn't really let it get to me because I'm not into drama so I usually brushed it off.Algee grabbed my waist helping me catch my balance.

He mean mugged her as she walked away smirking

"You good"

I nodded as the bell ring

"Wanna get something to eat before I drop you off at home"He asked as we walked out of class."Nah I'm good my mom cooking something for her being 1 month clean so"I smiled at him.

"Ok come on let's get you home then"he kissed me opening his passenger door for me.

-❤️💫🌸