#4 - Meowscles

Forget it, I'm just gonna do the majority of the set because I hate myself-

Basic Info

Skin Name: Meowscles
Rarity: Epic
Description: He's one swole cat.

Backbling Name: Feline Fun
Rarity: Epic
Description: Play a game of cat and mouse.

Harvesting Tool Name: Solid Scratch
Rarity: Rare
Type: Dual-wielded
Description: The world is your scratching post.

Glider Name: Skellefish
Rarity: Epic
Type: Standard
Description: The catch of the day.

Wrap Name: Calico
Rarity: Rare

*Battle Pass Exclusive*

Skin Review

During the Chapter reveal cinematic, Meowscles surprised me. He's a bit weird, but also cute in an odd way. The fact that he's essentially just a big house cat makes me smile. The gold pistols at his sides are a pretty neat detail, and I like his standard fur pattern. Like all the other Battle Pass skins this season (excluding Maya and Deadpool), he has 4 different styles to pick; Standard (calico), Ghost (white), Shadow (black), and Gold. Each style also changes the backbling, so that's pretty neat, too. For not having any eyebrows and a flat texture for a mouth, Meowscles is surprisingly expressive. His eyes change their shape, and the Shadow and Ghost styles each have different expressions. He also has a built in emote, Swole Cat, which people tend to spam, but it's alright, as it's pretty funny to watch.

His Ghost style is adorable, with his gold eyes and a lighter theme. This edit style even has its own loading screen, Roy G Meowscles! The yarn on the Feline Fun backbling changes from black to baby blue, which matches his now lightened jeans and white boots, and his eyes turn gold. He even loses his tattoos because he is a pure boi. Overall, this edit style is pretty cool, and I want it (if I can even get back on Fortnite before the season ends ;-;).

It would appear that his Shadow style, however, took a turn down a bad path. His fur becomes a dark grey in color, and the heart tattoo on his right arm is replaced with one of a first place trophy on his left arm (there's a scratch mark where the heart tattoo should be, too). His entire outfit becomes black, and his eyes become red. Unlike any of the other styles, Shadow Meowscles' eyes are a flat texture like his mouth, giving it a more cartoony look. It's a pretty cool style, and the one the community opted for.

Gold is the same as the standard skin. It has no mouth, which is weird, but otherwise it's alright.

Overall: 9/10. Good design, cool styles, adorable face.

Backbling Review

It's a pretty standard backbling. At first glance, it's not much, but upon closer inspection, there are actually grenades with mouse head pins and tails woven into the yarn ball, which is a pretty cool detail. The gold accents look really nice, but it's actually pretty mediocre.

Overall: 7/10. Neat detail, but could be better.

Harvesting Tool Review

Dual-weilded pick users rejoice! They're gold, meaning they go well with pretty much anything. But, their design isn't all too impressive. They're very similar to the Bank Shots from the Stripes and Solids set, so if you're a fan of that set, or you own the gold edit style for 8-Ball, these can be used if you ever want to switch out your Tools.

Overall: 8/10. Pretty good, but their design is alright.

Glider Review

The Skellefish glider is pretty ok. It's not really eye-catching, and I can't see it being used for any other set. It's got a kinda cool animation, though.

Overall: 4/10. There are worse gliders out there, but the majority of them are WAY better. No versatility whatsoever.

Wrap Review

The calico wrap is pretty bad. It's dull, and the pawprints are distracting. It only really looks good on vehicles, and even then, there are way better wraps out there to chose from.

Overall: 3/10. Not bad, could be way better. Wouldn't recommend using.

Combinations

(I actually couldn't think of any :/)

Is It Worth It?

I mean, it depends. I, personally, wouldn't buy the Battle Pass just for this skin. It's cool, but everything else in the set is mediocre at best.