THREE

THREE | Moving Forward

[ Narrator's Perspective ]

[ Ratri Clan; Area 01 HQ ]

~2 Years Later~

Locating a single human being on this vast planet is an extremely difficult task. The kids, however, were resolved to track her down. Even after searching for days, which turned into months, and then a year, which flew by like the wind.

A sigh escaped Pepe's lips, "She's really nowhere to be found..."

   "How could we have no clues after looking so hard?" Nigel wondered. 

Seeing the distress on everyone's faces left even Alicia feeling helpless, "But she's alive, right? Here in the Human World?"

   "Could it be..." Lannion faltered, "That though she's in this world, we're destined to never see her again?"

   "Was separating her from us  the reward for the Promise?" Thoma stated hesitantly.

   "Don't say that! It's just that we haven't searched everywhere, yet!" Don thundered.

   "We know that!" Alicia exclaimed.

Rossi looked down at the floor, fiddling with his fingers, "But... where else can we search?"

There was a brief pause as they considered possible hiding spots for Ninelie.

   "Well... there's forbidden zones..." uttered Gilda.

Yvette glanced at Gilda, raising her brows, "Huh?"

   "You know! Like when Norman asked us to search for Mujika and Sonju." Gilda said, turning her head to Don.

   "Yeah? So what about it?" asked Don.

   "Maybe there are places like that here too. Areas where we can't go or aren't allowed in." Gilda elaborated.