Memories

Our family was the kind of family you would see in a photo frame as an inbuilt picture. A beautiful mom, a strong dad and their little daughter. We had money, luxury, moreover happiness. We led the life most of the people can only dream about.

But as the most beautiful flowers are the first ones to be picked, our happiness didn't last for so long.

When I think of that day, all I could remember is pain. Unbearable pain that I faced mentally and physically. I could still hear the screams of my mom as the twisted metal bars pierced her skin and the screeching of tyres. I could still remember the way my dad held my hand in his bloody ones, telling me we were gonna be okay. But we weren't.

I was in the hospital for so long but I didn't remember anything. I didn't even got a chance to attend my parent's funeral.

From then on, it was my aunt, Olivia who took care of me. She brought me to her home in States. She had a queer personality and it made it hard for me to get along with her. Maybe I felt so, because I haven't still recovered from my loss.

But life is all about moving on. Whether we like it or not, we have to. I can't stay in this same chapter forever. I have to turn the pages and see what's about to come next. Even after my dad was gone, the way he taught me to hope and dream was still with me.

I loved to perform. My dad used to take me to church and helped me perform there. He taught me how to play his old guitar. Still, when I use it, it feels like he is with me, like he had never left me.

Aunt Olivia respected logical thinking rather than creative one. Maybe that's because she never supported me. But she still took care of me in the best way she can. There was always talks behind our back that she was responsible for my family's death. However I didn't believe that. I knew it was an accident. A terrible accident that left me lifeless.

to be continued.....