RISK

I tip toe out of room without making any sound so that I don't alert Vellor.

I pick my car key and open the door as slow as possible. I sigh in relief once I made my way out of the home. I turn to leave but gasp in shock when I come face to face with none other than my bestie, Vellor.

I look her attire before bursting in fits of laughter.

She's wearing a thermal top, a sweater, long trench coat and boots. Oh, a beanie too with a scarf around her neck.

I stop laughing only to laugh again.

"This is summer season Vellor"

"But your company is ice land and admitting myself in hospital is not my forte" she wiggle her eyebrows.

"You still can move?" I giggle giving her once over again.

"It's damn hot and I'm sweating like a dog in heat just because of your stubborn ass. I knew you'd try to sneak out"

"Let's go before you die"

I wore jeans to cover my legs and full sleeves white blouse and camisole under the top to keep myself warm. I've decided, I'll quit only after returning the replacement stud.

I drive us to the company and keep my and her cell phones in console.

She turn on cooling, literally sweating. Her face is red due to heat so I let her turn cooling panels.

Exactly after 30 minutes I feel instant freezing inside car. I turn off the panel with shaking hands. Vellor swat my hand and turn on cooling again.

I keep driving and see fog on glass. I check my cellphone network and it's gone. I check Vellor's cellphone and it has perfect network.

I try to glide down window glass but it's jammed now.

"Vellor, it's not working" I whisper in daze.

"Why do you even want to glide it down? It's hot outside. Can't you see the sun?" She look up from her novel. "Why your car is fogged?"

"It happens when you don't glide down"

"But it's hot"

"Hot? I'm freezing"

She glide her window down, so I tried mine too but it's still stuck.

She take off her scarf and beanie.

"I'm burning in this heat"

I touch her red cheek and she flinch sensing my now cold hands.

"Your hands are cold" She stick her hand out in sun " Look straight and try to do the same"

I followed her action but I felt no warmth. I can see sun light on my skin but I can't feel it.

I drive fast and as expected my side of door is jammed, so I get out from Vellor's side.

She take off her coat and remove her sweater.

"I am afraid, Ro"

Me too. This is only happening with me. It's only me who can feel this cold and aura.

We get inside the building and Vellor gave me look of pure worry.

"It's little cool inside but normal and bearable"

"I think you should go. It's not that cold today" I lied.

"But what about the strange thing happend in car?"

"I think my car needs servicing. Now go fast before you get late for your work"

"Call me if anything goes wrong"