Chapter 7.

Micah...

I hate the fact that she doesn't trust me. Sure there's a fact that I just met her on Tuesday but I just felt as though if we were 'friends' then she would have to trust me. What the fuck am I even doing? I'm rushing her. I always do this. I don't know why I always do this. That's what made me lose her. The first love of my life. Bianca Stepanov. Just thinking of what I did to her makes my heart clench. I didn't mean to do it. I rushed things way too fast and in the end, she ended up getting pregnant for me. I freaked out and made her terminate her pregnancy but in the process, she lost her life. I've hated myself for it everyday since it happened. It was all my fault that she's not alive anymore. Her parents and siblings all hate me for it. What makes it even worse is that her brother, Eliot and I used to be the best of friends but after the incident, he hated my guts to the max. I wish that things would go back to normal but I know that will never happen. I can't let that happen with Aya. Not again. As she laid in my arms passed out, I stared at her. The cop was in the kitchen as we all waited for Aya's mother so he would tell her about the new arrangements. I just stayed for Aya's sake. I don't know how to feel about her yet. She's just so innocent but so alone and broken at the same time. I want to be the one to break down all her walls. I want to be the reason why she laughs because she rarely does. I want to be the reason why she's happy. I don't know how she feels about me either and it kind of drives me crazy. She seems to be affected me one minute then the other, she's ignoring me. I hate it but I guess I have to learn how to be patient. For her because I don't want my heart broken twice even though I deserved it the first time. I loved Bianca so much and she knew it but she had her doubts and that's what caused her to give herself to me after me begging for so long. I forced her to do it and she ended up pregnant then dead. I don't want that for Aya. The door opened to reveal Aya's mother and the first thing her eyes landed on was me and her daughter. An eyebrow went up at the sight of Aya passed out with her head on my chest and my arms around her. Then she just turned and went straight to the kitchen. I heard chatter which was probably she and the cop talking. I felt Aya stir in my arms and I looked back at her just in time to see her eyes snap open. The beauty of her eyes hit me at full speed. Her eyes were a beautiful light green which reminded me of a forest. A peaceful, quiet forest.  Serenity always surrounded her so I have no idea why the fuck all those people think that Aya is dangerous.

"Hey." I whispered, pulling a strand of hair that fell on her face behind her ear. Her eyes fell shut which caused me to sigh with content. She opened her eyes again and sat up, rubbing her eyes. I watched every move she made with rapt attention, memorizing every single thing she did. She yawned which could be as cute as a yawning kitten. She then turned to me.

"Is my mom back?" She asked. I nodded and pointed to the kitchen.

"She's in there with the detective." I told her. She nodded and then her eyes widened.

"Cassie." She whispered then looked at me again." Can I have your phone? Do you have Cassie's number?" I nodded and fished my phone out of my pocket then gave it to her. "Thank you." She said and called Cassie. I zoned out of reality and just stared at her. She's just so beautiful. And to think I just met this girl like four days ago. She handed me back my phone which caused me snap out of it and I took it. 

"So I'm going to head on out home. My parents are probably worried about me." I told her, standing up. I didn't really want to leave but I'm guessing her mother would like to talk to her and this will be the first step in learning how to be patient with a girl and plus, my mother probably is actually worried. Aya smiled a bit and nodded, standing up as well. 

"Yeah you probably should. Be careful though." She said with worry. Aw, she's worried for me? 

"Aw, are you worried for me?" I teased her. She rolled her eyes at me.