If Only You Knew || Part Two.

(Thank you to everyone who read Part 1 it really means a lot to me I love you a lot💕)

'Oh, my god.' Jim thought to himself. Pam wanted to be with him. This was the greatest day of his life. But there was one thing standing in their way. Karen. He felt terrible admitting this, but Karen was somewhat a placeholder. So was Katie. The truth is, he'd been in love with Pam since the day he had met her. Now this was his chance, and he wasn't going to waste it. He entered the room in which Phyllis's reception was being held, looked around for a bit, and finally found Karen, who was talking to Oscar. He walked up to her. 'Here we go.' he thought to himself. "Hey, Karen," he interrupted her conversation. She looked at him, somewhat irritated. "...can we go talk outside?" By this point Oscar had left, feeling a bit awkward in this situation. Karen agreed, and followed Jim outside of the building. They stood on the steps. Jim took a deep breath.

"I'm not going to drag this out. We should break up." "W-what?!!" Karen replied. "I was having a really nice time with you tonight! I don't understand! What could possibly cause you to want to break up with me?!" There was one thing on Jim's mind. Pam. Every big decision he'd ever made was for her. Or to deal with his feelings for her. "Karen. I can't pretend to love you anymore when I'm in love with somebody else. It's not fair to you. I'm so sorry." Karen was irate. "What the actual HELL Jim?!?! Is this about Pam?! Because I swear to god that bitch-." "HEY. Don't talk about her like that!" he argued. "How could I not?! She stole my boyfriend!" They were now both shouting. "I never even said it was about her!! But.. it is! And you know what! I don't regret a single thing! Pam is the best thing in my life! I'll never stop loving her!" Jim blurted out. "Fine. I knew this would happen someday. You're such a douchebag, Jim. I knew I couldn't trust you. I hope one day you'll realize that I'm the best thing that will ever happen to you! You'll come crawling back. Just watch!" Karen shouted. And with that, she stormed off, got into her car, and drove away.

When they came back to work on Monday, both Jim and Pam were pleased to find that Karen's desk had been emptied. Apparently she had transferred to Utica. All throughout the day, Pam kept staring at Jim from her desk, and vise versa. Every time Jim caught Pam staring at him, she looked away and blushed. Jim, on the other hand, being slightly bolder, when Pam caught him staring at her, he kept staring and smiled at her. His smile brightened her day. Yes, they got almost no work done that day. Later on, Pam went to the break room to get some chips from the vending machine. Jim decided that this was a great opportunity to talk to her. He walked into the break room, butterflies in his stomach, and said, "Okay, elephant in the room here. I broke up with Karen. And it's because I always wanted to be with you. Even while I was with her."

Jim surprised himself. He didn't expect to say that much. 'Oh no. Was that a bad idea?' He thought. Pam's smile widened. "Oh my gosh, really? I wasn't sure if I was dreaming Friday night or not. I guess I wasn't..." She paused, realizing what she had just said. "That was embarrassing," she blushed. "I'm sorry I-." "You're so adorable." Jim cut her off and smiled. "Listen... this isn't the best place to talk about it all. Why don't we go out for dinner after work at 6? I'll pick you up. I have a lot I need to say to you." He smirked at her. "Smooth, Halpert." She replied. "I'll see you at 6, then. Want to try that new Thai place downtown?" She smiled. "I would love nothing more. See you then, Beesly." He walked out of the room. 'This is going to be wonderful' he thought to himself. 'She'll finally know how I'd felt while I was gone. How I felt about her while I was with Karen and Katie. How I felt when she was with Roy. What I had failed to say on the Booze Cruise. What I forgot to mention on Casino Night. God, I love that girl.' Meanwhile, in the break room, Pam couldn't help but tear up a little bit. This was going to be the best night ever.

(Thank you for reading! I broke this up into shorter paragraphs this time. I realized how long they were last time lol. Again please leave requests for anything it doesn't necessarily have to be part of "If Only You Knew". Thanks:). Hope you enjoyed!❤️❤️)