III. The Running Mess

~NotEdited.~

III. The Running Mess

“Running isn’t cowardly. It’s how you face it that matters.” –Chase Knights

Serenity POV

And look who the cat drags in.

Chase freaking Knights, that’s who. If you don’t know who he is, I’ll tell you.

Chase Knights is, and I quote, “The hottest, most amazingest, sexy Greek god in the whole freaking galaxy.” Oh that’s not all, here’s some more, “He’s the soccer captain but alongside he plays baseball, basketball, badminton, volleyball and table tennis. He is very good at taekwondo and judo. He is ranked 1 in our latest results. He is indeed the ‘Prince of Witherland High’.” Quote ends. All of which I said is courtesy of Alexandra and Evangeline.

Sighing, I started speaking.

“What do you want, Knights?” I said. Everyone looks at me with wide eyes. You see nobody talk to him like that. Well nobody except me.

“You’re fascinating and funny. Two of which I love in a girl. This is my class.” He answers.

“Your class? You’re on AP Chemistry?” I echoed.

He nods laughing.

“You really are on your own world, Serenity.” He says as he starts walking towards our direction. I took a peak at Lorin, who looked like she saw a ghost.

I look away from her and started observing my surroundings. To say there were only a handful of students would be an understatement. Our classroom and hallway were filled with students.

I scoffed people really have no lives.

“Damn it, I’m so wet and sticky.” I muttered.

He laughed. I look up at Chase. He bursts out laughing.

Why would he-

I blushed.

“Knights, get your thoughts out of the damn gutter.” I spoke, trying to fight my blushing face.

He laughs harder.

“Pervert.” I simply say.

“Says the one who muttered she’s wet and sticky.” I didn’t mean it like that.

“I didn’t mean it like that! The juice spilled on me and now I’m wet and sticky, you nitwit.” I defended.

“Alright, alright. I get it.” He took something in his pocket. The next thing he did shocked me.

He wiped my face with his hankie.

“You shouldn’t really let anyone do this to you.” He whispers in my ear.

I blush and push his hands away.

“I don’t need your pity.” I spat.

“I-“

Like the coward I am, I ran.

 I ran away from the stares, from Lorin and most especially, I ran away from Chase.

∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞.∞

“Serenity!” I turned around and see Alexandra running towards me.

“Hey, Lex.” I waved.

“You are so dead.” She says.

“What?”