cHapTer ThRee

Hey there :D Thanks everyone for the reads and the few posts :P I'd love if there were at least 3-5 posts on this chapter because I've been kinda working my butt off with school, my internet being down, and juggling four stories I'm writing. Soooo if you still want me to write more on this series, please COMMENT or vote or something <3 thanks, love you guys xD Hope everyone's enjoying their first week of 2011!

CHAPTER THREE

The party was already boring me. The music wasn't bad, but the people just bugged me. They were mostly college girls and guys, half drunk, all going gaga over Mr. Calvin Klein.

He sat proudly near the pool as girls in bikinis clung onto him. I looked away in disgust, turning to Taylor who was eyeing me all night making sure I wasn't with any guys.

"So you too 'eh?"

"Me too what?"

He pointed at Ryan with his beer and then back at me. "You have a thing for him."

My eyes widened and I literally laughed out loud. "Um no." I chocked out

Taylor just kept smirking and then looked away from me for a minute.

"So where is Stephanie?" I asked, deciding it would be better to change the subject. We sat down at a nearby table and he finished his beer.

"I have no idea." I waited for him to continue. "I'll tell you later. Why don't you go over and talk to Ryan. I can tell he wants you over there."

"Ha, with him and those-" I caught myself knowing he probably went to school with the girls. "People. No thanks." I backtracked in the conversation and looked back to him. "Wait, what'd you say?"

"That he wants you over there. I can tell."

I gave him a questionable look. "And how can you tell that?"

He grabbed another beer and leaned back in his chair smiling. "Because he keeps staring at you."

I completely froze. Taylor made a scrunched face at Ryan.

"What?" I asked, somewhat curious at his look.

"Nothing, he's just..." he got out of his chair and pulled out another beer for me from the ice chest next to him. "Don't tell Mom and Dad that was from me. I'll be right back." Taylor started off towards Ryan and I looked at the beer, shrugged and sipped it. Not bad.

Distracted, I almost didn't notice my phone ringing from my bag. Hearing the Airplanes ringtone I knew exactly who it was.

"Yes Kristen?"

"Hey! Where are you at? I just got to the party." Loud music could be heard from the background.

"I'm by the pool. Wait, why are you here?"

She laughed, "Taylor invited me. He said it'd be nice for you to have a friend here other than Ryan." I could hear the hint of jealousy in her voice. "So you two are friends now?"

I took another drink of the Corona and looked around for Kristen, "Hardly."

"Oh okay. I see you! I'll be over there in a second." The line went dead and I put my phone back in my purse until Kristen showed up in her boy short shorts and a t-shirt like me. She sat down in Taylor's old seat and looked over my shoulder, giving whoever was watching the same look that Taylor had given a few minutes ago.

"So that's him?" she nodded up behind me. I nodded, already knowing she was talking about Ryan. "Well damn." Her voice said satisfied like she had just won the lottery. "God blessed that boy with good looks, I'll admit that."

I playfully hit her shoulder and rolled my eyes, "Please. If I had a personal trainer and I had enough money to have my hair cut like that, I'd look the same way too. Hell, Rick from mathematics could look like that." I referred to the kid behind me in class who constantly flicked his snot across the room; just that should tell you about his looks.

"Well I don't care how he got the body,  just the fact that he has it is fine with me." She eyed him up and down again. Then she looked back to me quickly. "And will you please explain to me why you didn't tell me you two were already this... close?" she said the last word funny.

"Kristen, we aren't friends. Hardly acquaintances. He's an ass. Like I said before." I thought back to when he commented on my boobs and crossed my arms self consciously.

A grin grew upon her face as she looked at him then back at me quickly. "Not that. I mean the face that he was totally eye screwing you from the other side of the pool."

My jaw opened a little in disgust. "Eye screwing?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about."

I didn't argue because I did know. But there was no way. I hardly knew him. He was the famous Ryan Everheart. The Calvin Klein model, Academy Award winner for most talented young actor, ect, could not be eye screwing ME. Me, you know, the Plain Jane Paula who's grown up in Redding; the same girl who has gone through high school as the normal kid (not popular or nerd, just average), the high school swimmer and track runner. My average blond hair and blue eyes have no comparison to most of the girls here and I had an average body. There was nothing not-average about me. So why would Ryan Everheart be interested in me?

"Um Paula?" Kristen turned her attention back to Ryan. "You really don't want to miss this."

I snapped out of it and looked at her. I followed her gaze towards Ryan who was now standing up taking his shirt off... slowly? What the hell? I didn't try to make sense of it though, all I noticed was his abs. I couldn't help but stare. I swear, this boy would put Taylor Lautner to shame (as if that were possible).

The six pack traced across his abs was not the kind that was overly noticeable. It was the faded, toned kind that made you want to never look away. But as I looked up a tad bit, I noticed him smiling at me. Even after that, I couldn't get away from his gaze.

He tilted his head slightly to the left with a smile on his face and started... running? Before I could realize it, he was running, jumping, then cannon-balling, into the pool, splashing a giant wave of water all over my clothes.

I jolted up, out of the chair, from shock of the cold water. The girls on the other side of the pool all clapped, some pointed and laughed at me. I only ignored them, grabbed my beer and slowly walked over to the edge of the pool where Ryan had come up for air. I bent down, sitting on my heels, and looked him in the eyes, smiling wickedly. He only smiled out of satisfaction of my humiliation.

"Sorry. Did I get you a little wet?"

Little didn't even come close to describing the water that covered my entire body. The hairs on the top of my head was all that was spared.

"Nah, hardly at all." I shrugged.

He shook his hand in his hair and moved closer to me.

"Well if you weren't so distracted from looking at my body," he winked. "Maybe you wouldn't have gotten wet."

I laughed, "And maybe if you weren't eye screwing me from across the pool I would feel more guilty."

Like a child getting caught, he put up a wall on his face then returned back to his smirk. "Congratulation Paula Burk," he moved closer to me by the pool. "You just started a war." And just like that, he grabbed both my arms and pulled me head first into the pool for everyone to see.

In the pool I could feel my white tank top stick to my body. I came up, and my eyes went directly to Ryan. His goofy smile was still there as I pulled myself out of the pool. I slipped the white tank top off and smiled. "Game on Ryan Everheart."