❤️Chapter Twenty❤️

❤️❤️❤️❤️
You take her to the center" I ordered Arvin who helped me to get out of the car.
"No, I will come with you" Lisa got off the car.
"Arvin I need to stay alone please take her away from me" I said and walked inside the building.
When I went upstairs and got inside my apartment I exploded out. I kicked the door, wall, couch almost everything in anger. The decoration done for Lisa was still there I grasped the flowers and balloons and threw it on the floor.
"Why... why always it has to be me? Ahhhhh?" I screamed.
Lisa's words were echoing on my mind one after another. I was feeling so miserable. I walked to the window and glanced outside checking if they had left or not but I found Lisa was still standing outside and Arvin was saying something.
I walked out of my apartment in anger. When I approached Lisa she was smiling at me but without returning the smile and responding anything to her I glanced at Arvin "call her husband and tell him that his wife is discharging tomorrow. She has recovered now."
Arvin nodded absently and as I was about to head back to my apartment Lisa suddenly gripped my wrist "No, Steven, please I don't want to go back. Please don't send me with him. I beg you."
I grasped her hand and throwing it aside said "Lisa you are wife of someone else and I have no relation with you. So please be on your limit. You can go back to your home tomorrow."
"I don't have any home" she said with her head down.
"But you do have your husband. My center doesn't feed the patients who have already recovered" I said ferociously.
She lifted her head and stared at me with her eyes full of tears "I... I... Steven... please..." She stammered to say something but I didn't gave her any chance.
I rolled my eyes and gripped her arms tight. Opening the door I pushed her inside the car.
"Steven, you said we are friends..." she tried to get down.
"Exactly being friends we have limits so don't try to cross that limit. Go to your husband and live with him. You are absolutely fine now so my work is done. You can leave" I said and closed the door hard.
Arvin started the car and Lisa glanced at me one last time. When car went away I watched it shrinking and disappearing completely. When my legs felt weak to stand I fall on my knees. Lifting my head up in the sky I yelled out loud.
[*****]
I lied on the couch supporting my head with my hands. So many thoughts were crossing my mind. I don't know why I reacted so hard on her. For a minute I was happy that I would finally get rid of her but no I was so wrong. She was in my heart and now on my head. Her thoughts were bothering me so much.
"I really shouldn't have been that harsh on her..."
"Relax now she will be gone..."
"I know but how am I supposed to live. I have become habitual of her..."
"Just the way you lived all this year. Remember you were habitual to her but still you survived without her..."
I was talking to myself until the phone on my pocket buzzed and startled me bringing back to sense. I retrieved my phone from my pocket and glanced at the number. Taking deep breathe I pressed the answer button and tucked it on my ear.
"Hello..."
"Steven, your dad..." mom's quivering voice made me shocked and I got up immediately "what happened to dad?"
"He is been admitted to hospital. He got unconscious all of a sudden. Please come back Steven" her voice was broken and she was crying which gave pierced to my heart.
"I am coming" I disconnected the call and dialed Baca's number hurriedly "Baca I need to get back to my home immediately so book my flight."
"But sir why?"
I rolled my eyes and said "do as I said. I need to leave now."
"Okay...I will get back to you in a minute" she replied hurriedly.
❤️❤️❤️❤️