we met

Shawn Mendes!

Shawn freaking Mendes!

I almost pinched myself to be sure that what I'm seeing right now is not a dream. I mean Shawn Mendes is in front of me? And not just that, he's looking at me?

Now I'm glad that I didn't run away. My heart is jumping in my chest thinking the world famous singer who girls are crazy for is right in front of my eyes.

God! I'm repeating myself.

Okay, Shanaya. Calm the fuck down.

I breathe in and out for couple of times and clear my head to check the seriousness of him being here and crying.

He stands up, "I'm so sorry. I.." "Don't be sorry. You can sit here as long as you want." I assure him and he sits down. Without thinking much, I sit down next to him, maintaining the appropriate distance between us.

His head is down, looking at his...hands probably and from my observation, I can tell that he's trying his best to hold his tears.

"Sometimes letting it go is easier than holding it back." I can't help but say.

"What you're talking about?" He asks with a low tone, still looking down.

"Your tears that are trying so hard to escape from your eyes."

This doesn't make him say a word but let out a sigh which indicates that whatever the situation is for him, is pretty distressing. He badly needs a distraction and I think I can do something here.

I mean I can be pretty handy if I want to be. And of course this is Shawn Mendes I'm trying to help. Such an honour.

Whoa. Why I'm making this sound like so dramatic? Girl, cut the crap and distract him.

"Well you can cry your eyes out and I won't mind that. I mean you'll have a silent audience, not the judgmental one and yes no one will disturb you at this hour because everyone must be sleeping their ass off right now. They are not nocturnal like us." I say and wait for his reaction which eventually comes a whole damn minute later, well I didn't check the watch, just assumed.

He lifts his head up and looks at me, a hint of tired smile appears on his lips.

Glad that my attempt didn't go in vain. But I want to see something that has won the heart of millions.

His gorgeous smile.

"So you're going to cry now?"

He shakes his head lightly, "No."

"Then a while later?"

His smile grows a little, "Not really."

"Tomorrow?"

This time his smile takes its gorgeous form.

"I'm not planning to cry now, not even tomorrow. It's..." I cut him off, "Now I get it. You have a schedule for that, right?"

"What?" He frowns and then chuckles, "Who needs a schedule to cry?"

I shrug, "I thought you do."
Then comes his laugh. And I can't help but find myself staring at him, the way his laugh is echoing like a perfect melody in this quietness.

"That was a good try." He says, getting a grip on his laugh.

"I have a prestige of doing better than this." I brag and God, he's smiling widely with his gleaming eyes on me.

Why is this warming my heart?

I think I'm sick. Otherwise I don't feel such ways on daily basis, not even in a year, wait it never happened before.