Uncertainty

One thing to say about this song is that this is stuck in my head since I heard it.
Listen to it and let me know if it does the same to you.
_________________________________
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

"What do you mean by you can't go inside?" I frown at her.

"I meant...his crew..I mean I'm just feeling uncomfortable to meet strangers. Can't we do it some other day?"

"What? You're uncomfortable to meet strangers?" I couldn't believe my ears.

"I don't know what it is with you Lara but for god damn sake, cut this crap now and let's get inside. They are waiting for us."

She says nothing but her expression is saying everything that she's going to be stubborn about it but I'm no less.

I grab her wrist and pull her out of the car, "Don't make it look embarrassing, Lara. Be normal. They aren't monsters who are going to eat you up." I try the umpteenth time to put some sense into her before walking through the front door and see his crew members being gathered to welcome us.

Shawn introduces us to his crew members one by one which includes Geoff, Teddy, Mike, Dave and of course Scott.

I shake hands with all of them and Lara too but obviously hers was forced.

I'm going to take care of her later.

"You're looking beautiful, Shanaya." Scott smiles and I smile back, "Thanks, Scott. You don't look bad either."

"Don't look bad?" He raises his eyebrows. "I'm looking dashing, girl. I always do. Everyone is blind here. I thought at least you're..." Teddy shuts him by hitting on his head. "Don't start with drooling over yourself." "Hey, I'm not..." "Guys, will you stop?" Shawn steps in. "I didn't start it." Scott tries to defend himself. "We all know who started this. But anyway girls come in." Shawn leads us to the couches and we all settle down on them, Lara on my left and Shawn on my right. I'm inwardly smiling at the fact that he chose the place next to me to sit.

Don't start, Shanaya.

I transfer my attention from Shawn to the boys who are asking me things and one by one, I reply to their questions. They are really humble and sweet, also funny and Scott is always in the mood.

If anything is bothering me now is Lara's behavior where she's pretending to be normal but she's not at all. A fake smile is plastered on her face and she's either nodding her head or giving short words to the things she's being asked.

"Would you like to take a look around?" Shawn offers and I grab it in a heartbeat, "I'd love to." "What about you, Lara?" He asks her. I know she's going to turn it down and undoubtedly she does. "I'm good."

I just give her a look before following Shawn to the backyard where I notice a small but beautiful pool. He's going to show me some other thing around but as I grab his hand insisting to sit by the pool, he takes me there and we sit down.

The way gentle breeze plays with the water of the pool making pleasant sound each time is the most amazing way to fall in love with nature over and over.

"I love this part of the house. Whenever I lose perspective on writing or getting things right, I spend hours sitting here to fresh my mind. It really helps." He says making me look at him.

I can't help staring at the way his lips are curved into a smile almost unnoticeable but captivating enough and also the way a lock of his hair is hanging over his forehead. I'm trying my utmost not to scoot to him to move that off his forehead and run my fingers through his hair.