Accept Your Feelings

Recap-
I get into the sky when suddenly I hear a sound behind me on my platform.
"Avery! Stop!"

Present time-
I turn around and see Hailey grasping for dear life on the platform. I slow down the speed so she can balance herself.
"What are you doing?! Hailey, why would you follow me? I'm a monster!"
"No you aren't, if you were, you wouldn't have worn your gloves. You tried to protect everyone, a monster wouldn't do that."
"I guess, but aren't you scared or surprised at all?"
"Don't get the wrong idea. I'm very surprised, I didn't think magic was real!"
"I guess it's human nature to think like that."
"But that doesn't mean that I'm not impressed!"
"I'm at my house."
I slowly land my platform. I walk off and take Hailey down too with my hand that is covered with a glove still.
"You live right here?! I live just across the street. With my twin brother of course."
"Who's your twin?" I ask.
"Sean!" She exclaimed.
I see it now, they both have light brown hair with the same eyes. How could I not have guessed?
"Well, you will java to keep it down when you come in, even thought this neighbourhood is all townhouses, my house wouldn't be even close to similar."
She walks in when I open the door. Trevor heats the sound of footsteps and runs downstairs.
"Avery! Aren't you supposed to be at school?"
"About that.." I get cut off by Hailey.
"She unleashed her magic for the whole school to see! You should have been there, it was so cool!"
Trevor looks at me, "Are you serious? I told you to be careful! It's only the first day! Why can you just be like who you were before, able to just CONTROL yourself?!"
"Trevor, listen I'm sorry. It couldn't be stopped."
"You even brought home a girl."
"That also is a different story."
I am such a fool. I knew Hailey could keep quiet. Now I have to explain everything to Trevor.
"What do you mean by 'be like who you were before'?" Asked Hailey.
"She used to be so good at using her magic, now she's a mess and I can't figure out why." Trevor looks down and walks away with shame.
"Why does your brother have super blonde hair while you have super dark brown hair? Same with your eyes, his eyes are blue and yours are brown," asks Hailey. "We aren't blood related," I reply.
"By the way, since we live so close, maybe we can work together to figure out your powers!"
"Hailey, that isn't safe."
What was she thinking? She isn't terrified of me? Why is she even trying to help me, what have I done to deserve this? I feel like I want to say yes so badly. But, why? I've never felt as if I wanted to collaborate with anyone for anything. Why do I want to be with her?
"Ok, but what's the point? I can't bare to show my face to the school!"
"Why not? You are so capable of anything!"
She's so positive, something I could never be.
"By the way, Avery, I hope you don't mind, but I told Sean to come over. I think we can explain to him what we're going to do! And you WILL come to school tomorrow!"
She talks so much. But, she gets her message through.
"Alright, I hope I don't embarrass myself again."
"Don't worry Avery! I should be worried that he's going to embarrass himself!"
We both laugh and a few moments later we hear a knock on the door.
"That must be him," says Hailey.
He walks in and hands me my glove. I take it carefully but I don't put it on.
"How did you get her glove?" Asked Hailey.
"Jen dropped it on the floor when Avery left."
I guess I did scare Jen. I took off my other glove and Sean looked surprised.
"When did you get magic?" He asked,
"I was born with it."
That's all I knew. My memory was wiped so I would never know.
I put my gloves on the counter by the door. I walk into the kitchen and with my bare hands touched a napkin. It froze. I already knew it would, no, I was scared it would. I turn around and see Sean with Hailey staring at me.
"Well, I get you aren't able to control your magic, but if you pay attention, could you try and de-freezing the napkin?"
"Sean's right. You looked scared, Avery calm down and try de-freezing the napkin."
"I'm able to undo my magic with concentration but doing it in the first place can't be stopped."
I swing my hand over the napkin and it thaws the ice. I was scared, huh. I was never scared until I had to hide my magic, but why am I still scared now, when my magic is already exposed.
"Hey, Avery." Said Sean, "I have an idea!"

Sorry for the short chapter. Next time I will make it a bit longer.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment and if you enjoyed, leave a vote! Thank you so much!