chapter one Injured

"It wasn't supposed to be like this."

I sat there bleeding and barely conscious, blood dripping from my head, stomach, and mouth.

I took a deep breath and prepared to do a hand sign of healing or a Kuji-Kiri.

With my mind cleared, I stood up and proceeded to walk away from that place.

I'd been walking for the whole night, I felt exhausted and weak, but I managed to find a lake. I sat down by a rock near the lake and began tending to my wounds.

I grabbed a small bamboo-like container and started placing colored rice in an arrangement.

I placed two purple grains of rice, then another purple one, then black, red, yellow, two purple ones, one yellow, two black, another yellow, two more yellow grains, and finally two red grains of rice.

I used Goshiki-Mai to create a message that read ‘Watashi wa ikite imasu’.
Or ‘I am alive’.

After doing that I refilled my gourd of water and start drinking it, to replenish myself, I grabbed another gourd but this one was filled with medicine and I treated my wounds, it wouldn't fix my injuries but at least my condition wouldn't get worst, with that aside I decided to walk farther down the river, in the hopes of finding my comrades.

I fell to the ground after a few hours of walking, my eyes so heavy that I couldn't open them again, my body became three times heavier, was this the end? Was I going to die?