A Pick Me Up

Jaren POV
"It's weird that it's not raining where you are," I said looking up from my twiddling thumbs, blanket draped over my arms.
His voice rang out through my room with a sound that I can only describe as metallic due to the phone quality. "What do you mean? It literally never rains here." He smiled.
"I mean the fact that it's raining where I am and you aren't right next to me," I casted my eyes down and sighed hearing my bedroom window being lightly tapped by the rain. The summer heat was thick but the night breeze coming from that same window next to my bed was one of my top comfort-things. Lofi drifted through Johns phone.
"Hey doll?" He said in a tantalizing tone.
John don't pull this shit again. I ignored him.
"Baaaaby, I know you can here meeee," he said in a sing-song manner.
Poker face Jaren, poker face.
"Baby boooy- Ah! I see that smirk," he grinned when I peeked up. I quickly looked away and flipped him off.
"I hate you."
"What a shame cause I love you. Also, your pout is adorable," he knew exactly what he was doing and his smug smile was getting to me. To say I hate the blush game would be hypocritical because I do it to him all the time, I'll admit, it's mainly for attention. For him, he just does it to mess with me, to cheer me up, or a mixture of the two. Right now it's the third. "Hey baby, look up please," his tone changed slightly to a more serious one, instead of a teasing one. I shifted my gaze up to him to see his aqua eyes starring at me with a loving look.
"Hm?"
"We may be far away but we are hearing the same things. We are seeing each other. We are breathing together," he knows how to keep my mind grounded and what to say to do so. That's why he has my heart. "We can get through this together, okay?"
"Okay," I responded with a smile.
"You blushed by the way so I win," he giggled. I could feel the heat on my cheeks.
"Fuck you!" I chuckled.
"Other way around sweetheart," I whined and hid my face after that.

382 Words

<3 A quick one to start off -Bingo