Chapter One

I woke up in a heavy, metal box. I don't remember any thing beside my name. Ian, my mind hissed at me, I guess my name is Ian. The tram door opens and sunlight hits my face immediately. Just then four faces peered over into the hole.

"Get him out," the one who must be the leader demanded.

        The three of them nodded and lifted me up by my arms. After them yanking me up, they start hauling up the, what I guess is the supplies I was sent with. I stare over at the leader, he's very fit, amazing bone structure in his face, and and a stubble. He looks over at me catching me starring.

        "What are you looking at Shuck face?" He hissed at me, his eyes turned a shade darker brown.

        For the first time since I got here, I spoke. "Nothing."

        "Good," he looked back over at the supplies being hauled.

        I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned my head and see and a very thin boy.

        "It's alright he's always like that greenie, names Sohinki," he offered his hand for me to shake, I shake his hand.

        "Ian, what's up with the 'greenie' thing?" I asked puzzled to why he called me that.

        "It's short for green bean and that's what we call all the newbies," he explains. "You'll have a lot to learn about how we survive here." He's right I know little about this world.

        He began to show me around pointing to each exit, I laughed at when he told me the doors slide closed at night. How's that even possible, they're made of stone; therefore making it hypothetically impossible.

        "You've only been here an hour not a month like I have, I've actually seen and heard them close at night. If you don't believe me then watch for your self," he huffed. I didn't realize the sun was setting. I hear the loud groans of the heavy, stone doors closing in together. I stare dumbfounded at what I just witnessed.

        "I don't mean to brag, but I told you so," Sohinki laughed. I laugh with him, I guess my theory about the doors was incorrect.

        I have a lot of learning to do about this place and I need to learn it fast.