Season 6, Episode 1: "Five Years After Pahkitew Island - Part 1"

SATURDAY, JUNE 1, 2019

2:03 PM

"Last season, on Total Drama: Pahkitew Island..." As always, His Sadistic Majesty's voice had an underlying I'm-the-best-reality-TV-host-to-have-ever-existed air to it.

"...Shawn and Sky raced against both time and Dave's rage for a million-dollar prize! In the end, the zombie conspiracy nut earned himself the huge check and the heart of Jasmine—the Australian outback girl who almost couldn't keep herself quiet when she needed to be."

As those words were uttered, brief scenes from the previous season's finale five years ago showed viewers exactly what "the host with the most" meant.

The blast from the end quickly came to its end, fading out in while a fade in shot revealed an all-new setting: the Keating Channel Rest Area. The air was chilly owing to the fact that it was an afternoon with broken clouds, with the temperature fluctuating between 15 and 20 degrees Celsius.

Constructed in a sizable area just west of where Cherry Street meets Lake Shore Boulevard East along with being just south of the Gardiner Expressway, the area in question appeared as if someone randomly mixed together elements of an RV park with the abandoned Toronto film lot where Total Drama Action took place.

Not even two seconds later, 40-year-old Chris McLean popped up wearing a metallic gray button up shirt. Kokoda yellow jean shorts and navy blue slippers completed his summer look.

"For this season, all of the contestants will be making themselves at home here in the Keating Channel Rest Area! Every day, they will take their bus to where this season's all-new challenges will be taking place. While none of them will enjoy it, I will! Welcome to Total..."

"...Drama..." A view of the set from Toronto Harbor's Pier 35 was shown.

"...TORONTO!" Fitting the season's name was the final opening shot. From a camera on the roof of the Keating Channel Pub and Grill facing west-northwest, the Cherry Street Lift Bridge and the set were shown in the foreground, with Downtown Toronto's skyline silently acting as both a canvas and the background.

Cue the official on-screen intro sequence of Total Drama Toronto featuring the full version of the series' famous theme song.

The intro came to its conclusion seconds before a charter bus carrying the first 10 of the season's 20 contestants arrived at the entrance to the area. Once the unseen driver opened its door, the first person to step off was among the few new faces who dared to add themselves to the Total Drama franchise.

"Five years after Pahkitew Island was aired, and we still get a very reassuring welcome to Chris' latest playground." He rolled his black eyes and let out an exasperated sigh, glaring at the camera that was facing him.

For reasons yet to be known, 17-year-old Colin Mars was wearing an outfit which was eerily identical to the one Chris was currently wearing. He even looked like a younger version of him except for one aspect: slightly messy and short black hair.

He then left to find his luggage and choose his trailer, after which 28-year-old Gwen stepped out. She looked quite different from how audiences last saw her, as while she retained her black eyes and her fair skin, her shoulder-length hair was now its natural color: brown. Her outfit remained nearly identical to what she was known to wear... except for black shorts and black slippers.