Chapter Seven

Hey guys!

Enjoy the chapter!! Not edited**

**********

After Chloe had went home, I decided to take a bath to relieve my muscles and to calm me down.

I sat in there for about an hour and then I got out, wrapping my robe around my body and putting my dry hair up into a messy bun on the top of my head.

"Charlotte, the Montgomery boy is here for you!" My dad yelled up the stairs.

I haven't filled you in with my dad for awhile.

He basically only talks to me when he has to and he still works whenever he has the chance. Instead of working from home, like he did before the baby, he really only works from the office.

Anyways, I ignored the fact that I was only in my robe and ran down the stairs to see why Max was here.

Max was standing at the foot of the stairs, looking around the house as if he hadn't been here in awhile.

"Hey," I said, turning his attention towards me.

His eyes ran up and down my body, before they met my own. "Oh, hey."

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, curiosly.

He shoved his hands in his pockets. "I know its only been a few hours, but I wanna talk about earlier."

I nodded. "Okay, we can go up to my room."

Before we started walking up the stairs, my mom walked out of the kitchen.

"Oh well, hello Max." She said, giving him a light hug.

My mom had always liked Max, since he had been Zach's best friend and all. And dad, well he hates him, not just because he got me pregnant either.

"Hi Mrs. Lawson, how are you?" He asked politely.

I rolled my eyes and my mom smiled. "I'm good, thanks for asking. Where are you two headed?"

"To my room." I interrupted them. "We need to talk about some things."

She raised her eyebrows suspiciously. "Well okay, but keep the door open."

I rolled my eyes. "We aren't going to do anything, mother."

Max and I headed up to my room and I sat down on my bed, while he sat down on the floor.

I yawned, getting tired already. "What was so important that you had to come now?"

His gaze dropped to his fingers that were fidgeting in his lap. "I can't do it. I can't give away the baby."

I think about it for a few minutes and then I shake my head. "Me neither." I said gently. "But it might be the right thing to do, Max."

"Char, we could raise it." He said.

"I just," I said, my voice hoarse. "I just have so much I want to do."

He looked up and met my eyes. "Well, I have nothing to live for."

I frowned. "You have your parents."

He shook his head. "I have my alcoholic mom and my father, who was abusive, that left when I was 4."

"What?" I asked, my heart dropping. "Are you serious?"

He slowly nodded, not giving me a response.

Feeling horrible, I softly breathe. "I'm so sorry, Max. I had no-"

"Stop, don't apologize." He said, interrupting me. "All I know is since we're definitely not terminating this baby and you're going through with the pregnancy, I can't give this baby away. I can't hand over our child to some stranger who I don't know, just because I wasn't man enough to raise it."