Chapter 3: First Day On The Job

// Arianna // 

I walked over to the big window covered with long, velvet curtains. I opened it up, letting the hotel room get flooded with sunshine. I smiled as I looked below from the window. We were at the second highest floor in this hotel. It was a breathtaking view. I saw a lovely park from a distance filled with passerbys and families taking a nice stroll on a beautiful Sunday morning. The buildings nextdoor were just half the size of  the hotel. I kept the curtains open and I walked over to the bathroom to get ready for the start of my first day in London. I examined the clock in the hallway before gathering all my bathroom toiletries. It was currently 6:34 AM and I had 1 hour to get the boys up and ready for the day. I quickly showered and cleansed the sleep off my eyes. As I turned off the shower, steam covered the two big mirrors in front of the long, granite sink. I used a stray towel to wipe off the moist steam, to be greeted by my reflection. I saw my fresh face staring back at me, clean of any type of makeup. I smiled as I got dressed in a white knit sweater and gray cashmere, trench coat. I slipped on some black leggings and then tied up my dark brown combat boots.

I quickly blowdried my hair and let my hair fall down in front of my chest in little waves. I picked up my phone and saw that I had recieved one new email. I clicked on the Mail app and scrolled up to find my newest email.

1 New Email!

To: Arianna W.

From: Carol S.

Good luck on your first day on the job! You'll do great :) Okay, here's the boys' schedule today. 

7:30 - 8:30; Breakfast 

8:45 - 12:00; Photoshoot

12:00 - 4:00; Boys get a break to do whatever they want

4:30 - 7:00; Interview with Alan Carr 

By the end of the week I'll send you a diary of the boys' events coming up and then I don't have to email you 24/7! Have a great day! xx 

I took note of everything and slipped my phone in my bag. I grabbed my hotel key and zipped it up in a hidden pocket in my purse. I walked out of my room and went up to the boys' hotel room. I adjusted my bag on my shoulder and fixed it into a more comfortable position. I lifted up my hand, ready to knock on the wooden door. Right after one knock, the door immediately opened up in front of me. I backed up a bit, startled from the door's sudden opening. A tall tan boy with dark black hair and a blonde highlight walked out. He gave me a comforting smile as he let the door slightly open ajar behind him.

"Oh! Hey there....A..." He said, unsurely.

"Arianna." I smiled.

He nodded and said my name twice for memory. 

"Are the rest of the boys awake?" I asked, trying to look behind him at the door.

He nodded, "Yeah. They're just taking awhile to get ready. I just finished first because I'm terribly hungry."

He rubbed his stomach and made a sad face. I giggled and patted his shoulder. We stood in the middle of the hallway still, waiting for the rest of the boys to come out. A couple minutes passed while we tried to strike up a conversation, still no boys came out. It was silent afterwards, until I heard a stomach growl. I looked up at the tan boy and sheepishly smiled as he looked embarrassed.

"I apologize for my stomach's growling sounds at the moment." 

I laughed and shook my head. 

"Listen let's just go eat and save a table for them with us. I'll text Paul right now and tell him to bring the boys down. Is that alright, uh-" I said, stopping at mid-sentence when I realized I didn't know his name as well.