Chapter 2: Freshman year

After Dalana called dibs Cameron and Caroline barely talked. They would only hang out on the bus when she rode the bus. Caroline was in Colorgaurd. She would spend every Monday, Thursday, and Friday after school practicing. The good thing about her being in Colorgaurd was it gave her a distraction. A way to not think about how Dalana and Cameron were connecting. The days she was on the bus her friend Bryson would sit with her. Bryson was in the middle school as well.

Bryson and Caroline started getting close again when Caroline realized that Cameron was out of the picture. Eventually Caroline started riding the bus more often because football season was fading away. She was done with Colorgaurd till the summer. When Bryson and Caroline became close again they started things back up in the relationship department. Even though Bryson was in the middle school that didn't stop them from talking when Caroline was in lunch. It just so happened she had lunch 6th period meaning end of the day.

Being with Bryson made her happy. Until she saw Dalana and Cameron. Dalana had fallen asleep in the seat. She had a tendency to do that since she was the last one to get off the bus. That's not what bothered Caroline though. What also didn't bother Caroline was the fact that Cameron was asleep too. What did bother he was what she saw next. Dalana was so dead asleep that she had fell onto Cameron's shoulder.

The only thing she did though was show Bryson. He started laughing about it so Caroline just laughed with him. Eventually they started making up nicknames for Dalana and Cameron like Dameron and Calana. Which eventually became an inside joke for the four of them.

As Caroline and Dalana got home, Dalana messages her, saying that she really liked Cameron. But then Dalana texted something shocking to Caroline. She has a boyfriend. His name was Chase. He had previously graduated from the high school they were going to. What really shocked Caroline was the fact that Dalana and Chase has never broken up when he graduated, they had just stopped talking but it wasn't intentional.

Caroline was thrilled that she may have a chance with Cameron now since Dalana backed off but kept it a secret because she didn't want to betray the girl code. Later that year done things happened with the school bus transportation routes and Cameron was taken off their bus. Which put a huge dent in Caroline's plan on talking to Cameron. So she forgot about it again. But as she was going through the time of liking Cameron again, it ripped her and Bryson apart. Their relationship was never the same again.