Chapter One

Frong sighed in frustration, dropping his head onto his crossed arms on the table. It looked like he had started to fall for the wrong person once again. His fate, it seemed, was to be unlucky in love. He had fallen fast for the adorable Duen, but it was not meant to be. Duen liked Bohn. Now the two were dating and they actually seemed happier than ever after the engineering trip to the woods. That trip. Frong should not have gone. If he hadn't, then maybe he wouldn't be in the same predicament and this time with someone so weird. Thara. Frong really should not have gone.

The trip had started out well, Thara had even surprised Frong on the bus with his attentiveness. Then, Frong had lost the necklace given to him by his father. He couldn't enjoy the fun after that, even when Thara helped him search. It was only when Thara went out of his way to find the necklace for him that Frong truly realised how much he cared for Thara. However, he didn't get a happy ending like Duen and Bohn and Mek and Boss. No, Frong was firmly placed in the friendzone before he could even try and say anything to Thara about his feelings. It was like he was cursed.

"What are you doing?"

It was a familiar sneer that made Frong groan at his bad luck as he lifted his head. Bohn stood leaning against the table near Frong, arms folded with his usual self-satisfied smirk.

"Ugh, Bohn. I'm not in the mood."

There was something so defeated in Frong's tone that Bohn couldn't help but feel concerned. Even if Frong was his rival, it still made Bohn uncomfortable to see him like that.

"Oh, I can't believe I'm doing this," Bohn muttered under his breath, taking a seat opposite Frong.

"Bohn?"

"Talk to me."

"About what?"

"What's wrong. There's obviously something up with you. It better not be about Duen."

"It's not Duen."

"Then what?"

Frong frowned in confusion and murmured, "Why should I tell you? Why do you care?"

"Ugh. I try to be nice to you for once and this is what I get?"

"Are you actually serious?"

"Serious enough."

"You really want to listen to my problems?"

"Yes. I can't just leave you like this, can I?"

"And, uh, you won't, uh, make fun?"

"Oi, I'm doing you a favour here."

"Bohn."

"Fine. For this one conversation, I won't make fun of you."

Once Frong had gotten this agreement, he relaxed a little and was actually glad that he would be able to pour out his frustrations to someone. Afterwards, though, he really wished he had thought it through a bit more. Bohn was not the most supportive person. In fact, it seemed that only Duen could bring out his nicer side.

"You like Thara?" Bohn snorted after listening to Frong's story.

"Hey! You said you wouldn't make fun!"

"I'm not making fun. It's just, I wasn't expecting it."

"Mmm," Frong hummed disbelievingly with a raised eyebrow.

"Now, what's the problem? Ask him on a date already."

"He already put me in the friendzone."

"So? Get out of it."

"It's not that simple."

"Just try it, man, otherwise nothing is going to change. I'm not going to listen to your moping every day."

Rolling his eyes, Frong surprised himself by chuckling, "You're really terrible at comforting people, you know."

"Well, you're smiling, aren't you?"

"I guess I am."